Clinical Officer (Local Status) – Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Belgium), January 22 2023
Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Belgium)
Position: Clinical Officer (Local Status)
Location: South Omo, Jinka, SNNPR
Deadline: January 27, 2023
The Main Purpose of the Position
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
- Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
- Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
- Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service list item.
- In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
- Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting when required
- Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
- Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- MSF is an independent, neutral and impartial organisation that is providing quality medical care free of charge regardless of the ethnic origin of the patients, so to both local and internally displaced population. We ensure that our staff are aware and respect the cultural differences of our patients and colleagues working together.
- Currently MSF Belgium is providing most needed medical care in Afar and SNNP regions targeting host communities and internally displaced people. Currently MSF is opening a project in South Omo focusing on addressing the most medical needs of visceral leishmaniasis (also known as Kala Azar) and mobile clinics in the most affected areas. As such MSF aims to contribute on on the reduction of mortality and morbidity of this treatable disease and other morbidities like Malaria, malnutrition, diarrheal diseases, respiratory tract infections to the hard to reach areas.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) with “Clinical Officer position” written in the subject line through Msfocbemail@example.com. Or YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT JINKA TOWN, SHALEKA GUESTHOUSE.
Deadline: January 27, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.