External Vacancy announcement
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/Vac/019/22
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian indigenous, “Civil Society Organization” established in 2014. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states of the country and is engaged indifferent thematic program areas of intervention namely: Humanitarian Response, Education, Health/HIV and AIDS/RH, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment, Gender Based Violence and Child Protection, Migration/Human Trafficking, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash), NTD’s Climate Change, Agriculture, Environmental Protection and Training in Gambella, Oromiya, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, SNNPR and Somali Region.
- Provide outpatient consultation to crisis affected host communities, IDPs including for people with mental health needs at outreach locations in the targeted woredas.
- Provide quality primary health care services through mobile health and Nutrition modality and provide capacity development to HEWs in recording and reporting, active case searching and sensitization, supply and cold chain management.
- Support woreda/facility level Routine immunization, vaccination campaigns including vitamin A supplementation and support community level public communication campaign to raise awareness on COVID-19 and other epidemics prone diseases.
- Coordinate with the team member in operational matters and liaise with local authorities, represent the team in meetings and be responsible with all communications of the team.
- Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Employment Type: Contract for one year
Contract duration: Until December 31, 2023
Location:Benishangul Gumuz Region, Metekel Zone and Afar Region, Zone 2
- Previous work experience at least 2 years as a member of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team with NGOs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health/Nursing with minimum of two years relevant experience. Additional certificate on Emergency Drug Kits, PHEM, MHPSS and IPC for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an asset.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit only once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application.
We don’t receive hard copies
ASDEPO strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
ASDEPO is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For general information about ASDEPO, please visit www.asdepo.org