ESNFI Officer – Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO), December 20 2022
Organization: Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO)
Position: ESNFI Officer
Location: Benishangul Gumuz Region (Metekel Zone) and Afar Region (Zone 2)
External Vacancy announcement
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/Vac/028/22
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian indigenous, “Civil Society Organization” established in 2014. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states of the country and is engaged indifferent thematic program areas of intervention namely: Humanitarian Response, Education, Health/HIV and AIDS/RH, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment, Gender Based Violence and Child Protection, Migration/Human Trafficking, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash), NTD’s Climate Change, Agriculture, Environmental Protection and Training in Gambella, Oromiya, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, SNNPR and Somali Region.
Under the supervision of the ESNFI Program Coordinator and in coordination with NFI Project Coordinator and local sector horizontal and vertical relationships, the NFI Officer is primarily responsible to ensure the distribution of NFI projects are implemented in line with the project design, Sphere and cluster standards and use the existing or develop systems to monitor the performance of these activities for hosting community, disaster affected communities, health institutions, schools, refugees and internally displaced peoples.
- Support the implementation of Shelter NFI activities including targeting, registration, verification, distribution, and follow up, in coordination with Shelter NFI cluster and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop draft distribution reports.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring (PDM) exercises, analyze the results and draft PDM reports.
- Monitor the day-to-day implementation of project activities including undertaking of regular field visits to check compliance with the work plan, and project documents. Draft progress and other required reports. Identify and document significant project events, decisions, problems or deviations and ensure that project data and information is archived and shared appropriately.
- In close collaboration with the field team coordinate the release and delivery of required materials and items to the respective sites in a timely manner, check the quality of delivered material and provide relevant documentation and pipeline projections for planning purposes.
- Liaise with counterparts and implementing partners, draft progress and other required reports, and ensure that project data and information is archived and shared appropriately.
- Regularly visit project implementation sites, to gain a thorough understanding of how activities are being carried out and to give guidance to the team on areas for improvement.
- Prepare quality reports which have to be submitted to government and donors based on their reporting timeliness.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports and submit to senior NFI Officer on the work progress.
- Ensure Sphere standards both qualitative and quantitative are considered and any departures documented.
- Enforce proper project information documentation using activities monitoring, lessons learned, and modifications done from lessons learned and communities’ feedback on project successes
- Ensure all authorities and communities are kept well informed of the Programme success and challenges as appropriate.
- Assist with any other duties as required by the supervisors and stand by for any call for assistance in any place across the country where a demand is needed
- Familiarize self and understand to ASDEPO Donor Compliance issues, specifically to the terms and conditions of the Donor the Programme is working on and comply with same in area of responsibility.
- While conducting trainings, make sure the training report and the signed attendees list is formally addressed.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities
Location:Benishangul Gumuz Region (Metekel Zone) and Afar Region (Zone 2)
Employment Type:Contract for one year
Contract duration:Until December 31, 2023
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, health, Disaster and Risk management, Business management and other related fields
- Good experience on logistics and program support related field with 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably with an NGO setting.
- Strong experience on SNFI projects: Targeting, verifications, registration, distribution and PDM.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible, and can cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understanding of the local culture & language of is advantageous.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit only once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application.
We don’t receive hard copies
ASDEPO strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
ASDEPO is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For general information about ASDEPO, please visit www.asdepo.org