External Vacancy announcement
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/Vac/027/22
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian indigenous, “Civil Society Organization” established in 2014. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states of the country and is engaged indifferent thematic program areas of intervention namely: Humanitarian Response, Education, Health/HIV and AIDS/RH, Women and Youth Economic Empowerment, Gender Based Violence and Child Protection, Migration/Human Trafficking, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (Wash), NTD’s Climate Change, Agriculture, Environmental Protection and Training in Gambella, Oromiya, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, SNNPR and Somali Region.
The IYCF Officer has the responsibility to ensure high-quality IYCF activities, closely coordinated an integrated with the Emergency Nutrition Response project. The IYCF Officer ensures the project’s activities fit within the framework of the National Nutrition Program and ensures good relations with local stakeholders.
KEY Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish project site activities and supporting of community-based groups – HDAs, mother support groups, local committees, etc.)
- Participate in providing IYCF technical support to Woredas, to partners CMAM and IYCF staff
- Ensure that all staff understand and implement the IYCF program guidelines
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers (at PHC, Hospitals, HCs and community levels)
- Advise the best feeding options/ practices and follow ups as appropriate
- Participate in the development of mother support groups and mother-baby areas.
- Participate in developing regular work plans for the HEWs, HDAs, mother support etc.
- Spot and address appropriately the violations of the code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes and violations of the MOH guidelines
- Act as an effective member in promoting, supporting and protecting IYCF practices (give IYCF awareness sessions and IYCF individual counseling sessions as necessary).
- Give support to IYCF team members as necessary
- Link between CMAM team and IYCF team (such as promoting excellent communication and referral between IYCF counsellor, IYCF educator and CMAM)
- Assist in the development and review of educational material
- Prepare training materials and conduct IYCF training when necessary
- With support from MEAL Coordinator, make sure all IYCF records are regularly filled and submitted (awareness sessions, database of counseled cases, etc.)
- Liaise with ZHB, WHB, and Health facilities and ensure the quality of IYCF/Nutrition capacity building activities are technically sound, aligned with proposed implementation plan and adhere to standard guidelines;
- Assure the availability of IYCF training and counseling materials prior to any training;
- Support community assessments related to CMAM & IYCF and strengthen capacity of various health, agriculture, and other sectors’ front line workers to improve the quality of nutrition intervention
- ·conduct regular follow-up site visits to provide support quality implementation, and document field all through submission of complete, accurate and timely feedback reports;
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Conduct activities in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse,
- Ensure that all activities seen through a child safeguarding lens;
- Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse/harm,
- Conduct project risk assessment using given template and mitigation plans are addressed Report performance of child safeguarding activities per quarter,
Employment Type:Contract for six month
Contract duration:Until June 30, 2023
Location:Somali Region (Dawa Zone )
- Bachelors degree or Diploma in Human Nutrition, Public Health, Nursing or similar fields
- Minimum 2 years for Diploma and 1 year for BA field experience in humanitarian work, including significant experience in managing CMAM & IYCF programs
- Substantial experience of community-based nutrition projects
- Demonstrated ability for leadership and independent decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills & excellent team player.
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environment.
- Cultural and gender sensitivity
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants need to submit only once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
CV’s of no more than 3 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application.
We don’t receive hard copies
ASDEPO strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
ASDEPO is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process
For general information about ASDEPO, please visit www.asdepo.org