Medical Officer for East Hararge Midega Tola – International Medical Corps Vacancy Announcement, February 9 2023
Organization: International Medical Corps (IMC)
Position: Medical Officer for East Hararge Midega Tola
Location: Midega Tola, Oromia
Employment: Full time
Deadline: February 15, 2023
|International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at IMC website
Website for reporting misconduct:
www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
The position holder shall be in charge of quality implementation and delivery of clinical services at the assigned health facility. S/He will mainly be responsible for the day-to-day clinical service implementation at the assigned health facility according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, WHO and Ethiopian Ministry of Health protocols, values and universal infection control standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health status. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide support, technical assistance and capacity building to the health workers in the health facility. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation and report of activities regularly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
|MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Carryout acute and life-threatening illnesses treatment at the primary health care level including safe motherhood and child health consultation based on infection prevention and control guidelines
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
· Follow up the evolution of the patients through daily consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment according to MOH protocols, adapting treatment when necessary, deciding whether patient is ready for discharge or requires transfer to another department or facility.
· Monitor and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and ensure the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material.
· Assure general compliance with standard infection prevention and control standards.
· Provide supervision, technical assistance, and capacity building to health extension workers.
· Responsible for day-to-day documentation and report of service provided.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
· Bsc degree in Medicine (MD) with valid registration/practicing license.
· Zero years’ experience, however priority will be given to applicants with previous clinical experience in health facility or NGO level.
· Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments
|Travel Required: The candidate will reside in Midega Tola woreda with frequent travel to IDP sites and kebeles.
|Scope (Financial / Non-Financial):
|Key Contacts (Internal and External):
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and through www.ethiojobs.net before Feb 15,2023.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.