Laboratory Technician/Store Keeper – Marie Stopes International Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, February 11 2023
Organization: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Position: Laboratory Technician/Store Keeper
Location: Torhailoch SRH Center, Addis Ababa
Deadline: Feb 16, 2023
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under immediate supervision of the Centre Coordinator/Manager, the Laboratory Technician undertakes tests of collected specimen, according to the prescription of the health care professional; collects specimen and labels them; handles the laboratory apparatus for testing; ensures the laboratory equipment and reagents are safely kept and are in working conditions all the time; may act as a custodians of laboratory reagents and apparatus and medical supplies.
- Collects and labels all specimens and ensures that they are as per the order;
- Undertakes laboratory tests as prescribed by the medical staff;
- Puts the interest of clients / patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases;
- Handles properly all laboratory instruments / equipment and ensures timely reporting of mechanical failures;
- Ensures proper receipt, storage, safe keep, utilization and regular replenishment of enough stocks of required lab supplies by pre-establishing re order level;
- Maintains proper, up-to-date and orderly daily records of laboratory tests on registration book and ensures their readily availability for reference and inspection;
- Receives laboratory reagents by checking and ensuring the date of expiry;
- Renders proper training to technicians and / or assistants, as deemed necessary;
- Ensures the maintenance of a high level of standard;
- Avails himself/herself to regular stock taking as and when required;
- Prepares and submits monthly and / or annual laboratory and stock reports, as deemed necessary;
- Ensures proper storage handling, and issuance of drugs, office supplies and other store items as per MSIE Store management procedures;
- Receives, stores, tags and tracks store Items, prepares property lists and Keep Separate register of all store Items;
- Maintains the store records area, and storage area in a neat and orderly manner;
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with receipts or Issue Vouchers;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Diploma as lab technician
Two years’ experience
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
· Capacity to learn from seniors
· Basic understanding of lab apparatus operation
· Ability to be methodical
· Good recording practice
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Torhailoch SRH Center, Addis Ababa
Type of Employment: full time
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
Below are the application instructions for this Marie Stopes International Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY