MDR TB Tracker Support (Intern for six months) – JSI, January 17 2023
Position: MDR TB Tracker Support (Intern for six months)
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: January 20, 2023
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is implementing the five-year Digital Health Activity in Ethiopia, which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this Activity is to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health services and create a sustainable healthcare system through the use of data for decision-making, as well as to provide similar services to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia (as needed). The primary objectives of the Activity are to
1) support information technology systems and data
repositories at all levels;
2) build a culture of data use; and
3) improve capacity and governance of MOH health information systems management.
The Intern will work in close collaboration with DHA’s program team to support implementation of the MDR TB tracker application in 10 learning sites. The support includes providing offsite and onsite support; backlog data entry, and data quality improvement efforts.
● Support implementation of the MDR TB tracker application in 10 learning sites.
● Support backlog data entry in the newly deployed sites
● Support data quality monitoring and improvement efforts
● Support the improvement of data quality of DHIS2 by using the data quality application
for Multi Drug Resistance (MDR) TB indicators reporting in 62 Hospitals and TB sites.
● Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and
adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Degree in medical science, Public Health, Pharmacy and other related fields.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in team across
● Written and spoken fluency in English.
● Ability to travel up to 50% in the country to support technical activities
● Enthusiasm to learn, adapt and engage
● Women are encouraged to apply
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than January 20, 2023.
1. Fill out the online application form using this form: Online application form. If you don’t fill out the online application form, your application will not be considered.
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
3. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
4. Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. Application deadline: January 20, 2023.
View On Source