DATA COLLECTOR for MMS project:
Position: DATA COLLECTOR for MMS project
Salary: Based on MOFEC scale
DUTY STATION: Oromia (Zones: Arsi, Bale, Borena, Jimma, Showa, Hararghe, Wellega)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Contract:
CONTRACT PERIOD: One month with possible extension
REQUIRED NUMBER: 60
Ethiopia Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a nationally mandated institute to lead public health research on priority health problems. The food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate is one of the directorates of EPHI, which has roles and responsibilities to conduct national research on the Nutrition and food sciences.
MMS project is a collaborative effort between the Food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. MMS is a programme effectiveness study that intended to respond to the need for evidence on the effect on birthweight of switching from iron-folic acid supplementation (IFA) to multiple micronutrient supplementation (MMS) as part of routine antenatal care in Ethiopia. The study will be a cluster-randomized trial to evaluate the programme effectiveness of a multiple micronutrient supplements delivered to pregnant women through routine antenatal care to improve birthweight. The study includes a baseline data collection among the women delivering at the health facilities in the selected districts of the four regions in Ethiopia; namely: Gambella, Oromia, SNNPR, Sidama, and Somali.
Therefore, the Food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate would like to hire a qualified, competent, and interested applicant for the project baseline data collection among the women who are delivering at the facilities in selected Oromia districts.
The objective of this post is to hire an expert with a background in BSc degree and above in Nursing, Public Health, Midwifery, Nutrition, or Medicine to conduct data collection in line with the intended purposes of the project and will contribute to the success of the project as a whole.
· BSc and above in nursing, HO, Midwifery, Nutrition or MD
· Very good writing and speaking skills in English, Amharic and Oromifa are Mandatory
· At least 1 year of work experience in the health facility (in the maternal and child health services setting (ANC, Delivery, and PNC service delivery) is preferable).
· Experience in community and facility-based health research data collection
· Clinical knowledge of continuum care for pregnant women and infants
· ·Collect relevant data from ANC, delivery and PNC card and conduct chart review
· Able to understand the tools developed for data collection
· Have experience in electronic data collection tools using digital platforms (CSPro, ODK, survey CTO, google forms, REDcap etc)
· Good communication and teamwork experience
· Ability of good phone communication
· Sex: females are encouraged
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, energetic, passionate, patient, proactive and self-motivated.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Able to stay at the health facility until the required sample size is achieved.
· Able to interview pregnant/delivered mothers face-to-face at the health facilities
· Obtain informed consent from the selected respondents for a follow-up visit.
· Collect relevant information from ANC, delivery and PNC card and conduct chart review.
· Able to send data to EPHI server regularly.
· Ensuring data completion and checking with the supervisor for completion.
· Ensure the quality and integrity of data collected are of a high standard.
· Maintain good team spirit with team members
· Collect survey data following the protocol of the study and principles of research ethics
· Work with health facility staff to harmonize data and conduct continuous data collection
· Work closely with the supervisors and Regional Coordinators
· Willing to take additional responsibilities.
How To Apply:
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 5 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.