SRH community mobilization officer – DOllo
Position: SRH community mobilization officer
SRH Community Mobilization Officer Reference number: VAC/ 265 /22 Vacancy posting date: August 12, 2022 Closing Date: August 22, 2022 Duty Station: Dollo/Ado Employment Type: Fixed term Salary: As per the organization scale
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
About International Medical Corps
A preeminent First Responder, International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those hit by disaster, and offers the skills needed to rebuild stronger. We train people – giving communities the tools and knowledge to be self-reliant and be their own best First Responders when disaster strikes again.
International Medical Corps focuses on the delivery of community-based primary health care. We emphasize training and education, and prioritize hiring local staff – in fact, 96% of our field-based staff and health professionals are recruited from the local community. This helps to ensure that skills and knowledge are passed on and remain long after our programs have ended. Through the integration of specialties like emergency medicine, women’s health, nutrition services, water and sanitation, and mental health into the primary health care setting, we ensure that those we serve receive holistic, comprehensive care. The value of International Medical Corps’ integrated approach to community health and well-being and our emphasis on capacity building through training are critical for the long-term growth of conflict and natural disaster-affected communities and fragile states.
Summary for the position
The SRH community mobilization officer will be primarily responsible for the implementation of community engagement social and behavior change communication (SBCC) approaches which include community mobilization at the targeted refugee camp in Dollo Ado to generate demand for SRH to eventually enhance uptakes. The position holder is a point person for IMC’s SBCC initiative at the indicated camp. S/he will closely work with, the Senior SRH Officer and community outreach agents for health (COAs) at Melkadida Camp especially in the areas of SBCC for SRH, including HIV. Assists the field or camp-based SRH staff in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SRH and HIV interventions focusing on SBCC packages. The position holder will report to the senior SRH officer at the assigned camp.
Key duties and responsibilities (scope of the work)
- Facilitate the outreach SRH interventions to be implemented as per the plan
- Provide input on the preparation of SBCC tools (leaflets, postures, stickers, and key messages to contribute as the preparation of the tools follows the national and international guidelines and protocols;
- Coordinates the selection, training, and engagement of SRH refugee volunteers and COAs at the refugee camp;
- Leads the SRH outreach activities: 1) follow-ups and provides support for the mini media to get them strengthened and to function with full capacity; 2) plan, conduct, and supervise house to house visits, including referral linkage practice that happens between community-based service of IMC with that of the health facilities of refugees and returnees service (RSS);
- Support the youth-friendly center-based services are well functioning through peer facilitators, prepare a regular schedule at the YFC and also supervise, monitor, evaluate, and report SRH youth friendly center activities;
- Supports the COAs and other community health volunteers, regularly to enable them effectively cascade SBCC tools: mother to mother, male’s support and peer education forums, including other community conversation (CC) sessions as anticipated;
- Prepare and submit periodic (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) outreach and center based reports;
- Collects district health information system (DHIS-2) for community outreach and youth-friendly center data monthly;
- Conducts rapid assessments on SRH through field visits especially in the areas of SBCC , and commends or reports findings timely for appropriate and evidence based actions and (or solutions);
- Collaborates with other IMC (Nutrition, MHPSS, and SGBV) Sectors for the integrated community based responses on SBCC and Health for synergetic effects;
- Take part in regular coordination and technical working group (TWG) meetings on SRH and HIV through representing IMC at camp level as per the need;
- Collaborates with Logistics and Finance Departments to ensure that SBCC printer materials are prepared timely for regular distribution and use at the camp level;
- Makes sure that the project SBCC outcomes: targets or indicators are on track and prepares catch up plans a head of time as deemed necessary.
- Implement other tasks which is ordered by the immediate supervisor.
- · BSc in Health Education and Promotion, Public Health or Nursing. MPH in Health Education and Promotion is an added advantage. The degree (s) should be obtained from recognized University (ties);
· At least two years of experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the area-SBCC is preferred;
· Flexible, ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and can cope with stressful situations ;
· Good interest and ability to work as a team
· Fluency in the local language and knowledge of local culture is required;
· Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Compliance and Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to positon, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA)
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected].
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net on OR before August 122,2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.