WASH Intern – NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council) Vacancy, January 25 2023
Organization: NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Position: WASH Intern
Date of Announcement: January 19 2023
Deadline: January 27 2023
Role And Responsibilities
Under the overall direct supervision of the Wash Officer, the intern will perform the following tasks in the framework of NRCs in WaSH (Sanitation infrastructure) project activities in the Somali region.
The purpose of the position is to assist in the day today implementation of the WASH project. Use action and essential works such as conduct or assist and professional development plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepared and develop status report as required by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure proper filling of document.
- Follow up and supervise WaSH(sanitation facilities) completion and quality within the time frame.
- Follow up on the transportation of materials to the field from the workshop according to the schedules
- Setting and follow up of daily activities, weekly, plans and reporting.
- Carry out data collection as required.
- Supervise physical Sanitation infrastructures construction activities, carpenters, incentives workers etc.
- Follow up Construction of sanitation facilities, distribution and monitoring of (NFI, Hygiene kits, latrine cleaning kits, environmental cleaning kits and other).
- Support/assist refugee incentive staffs daily based (technical and professional assistances).
Generic Professional Qualifications:
- University Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Public health nursing, community development or social studies Construction, Engineering and any related.
- Fresh Graduate with zero experience.
- Fluency in English and Somali language, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
How to Apply
Register using the following LINK
NB: “Only Female Candidates Are Invited To Apply”