Action For Social Development And Environmental Protection Organization (Asdepo) Vacancy, Doctors Online Ethiopia, December 20 2021
Dec 19, 2021 – Dec 27, 2021
ASDEPO is a humanitarian, Civil Society Organization founded in 2014 that works in all regions of Ethiopia. ASDEPO fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation and post-conflict recovery.
Nutrition Officer will support the implementation of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) activities at the health facilities and community level. The Nutrition Officer will work with ASDEPO’s field office to ensure the prevention of stunting among children from 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women in respect to the donor standards and the increase of attendance for MNCH services
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Provide technical and logistical support to the woreda health sector for effective implementation of nutrition interventions activities
- Analyzing and reporting nutrition situation and prevailing trends.
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities.
- Plan with HEWs and other health workers working in TFP for effective, sustainable and efficient implementation of nutrition intervention.
- YCF trainings to HEWs/Other health professional.
- Provide technical support to MOH health staff on management of Sever Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and IYCF.
- Will provide technical support from screening to discharge (admission, treatment, follow up and referral) to provide care to under five years old malnourished children and uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition cases.
- Perform supportive supervision of CMAM and IYCF activities and ensure they are implemented as planned.
- Supervising admission of patients to TFP and SFP.
- Supervising treatment and progress of patients.
- Ensuring adherence to and respect of current protocols
- Assist HEWs on Health Development Armies’ (HDAs) training and ensure strengthened relationship between HDAs and HEWs.
- Ensure the appropriate referral system between SCs, OTPs TSFPs and IYCF.
- Ensure the cards, registration books and other necessary formats are filled and documented proper.
- Liaise with ministry of health institutions, and other government organization at Woreda and Kebele Level pertaining to CMAM activities
- Will supervise and support the CMAM activities.
- Ensure that the families of malnourished children receive appropriate education and participated in the nutrition program.
- Ensure the nutrition items are provided to the health facilities and reach to the intended beneficiaries.
- Collect weekly TFP and SFP data (admission and exit status) and report weekly and monthly with narrative reports to nutrition project coordinator; and ensure report reaches to MOH through its chain
- Establishing linkage with community leaders and representatives Organization review meeting at each woreda to review the progress of health intervention at the woreda level.
- Perform Other duties as required
Quantity required: 3
Location: at all hard ship areas of Ethiopia
- BSc Degree in nutrition or nursing or public health with 3 years of experience or diploma in nutrition or nursing or public health with 5 years of experience- Renewed MOH professional license is a must.
- Experience on emergency nutrition intervention like CMAM, IYCF,
- Training on CMAM and IYCF.
- Experience of facilitation of training and review meetings
- Fluent in written and spoken English language
- Knowledge of local language to the respective Woreda
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Ensure that ASDEPO’s food security program intervention
- Knowledge in area of emergence nutrition intervention context is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV (with three reference check) and include details of your current remuneration through: email@example.com
Note: Use ” Nutrition Officer ” as the subject line of your email. Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for exam and interviews. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted. ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.