Technical Officer for the IMPAACT4TB Project
- Job Description:
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Latent tuberculosis (TB) infection (LTBI) is the seed bed for developing TB disease and continued transmission. It is estimated that one quarter of the world’s population is latently infected with TB. WHO policy to give at least six months of isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) to people living with HIV (PLWHIV) and child contacts has existed since 1993, yet the uptake of IPT in high burden countries remains poor. A short-course regimen of isoniazid and rifapentine weekly for three months (3HP) is now available in Ethiopia.
The IMPAACT4TB consortium is led by the Aurum Institute with core partners Clinton Health Access Initiative, Johns Hopkins University, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation and the Global Drug Facility. KNCV is leading the implementation of IMPAACT4TB in Ethiopia. The goal of the project is to reduce TB incidence among PLHIV and child contacts<5 living in low and middle income countries by contributing to the sustainable scale up of 3HP preventive therapy.
Purpose of the position
- KNCV is looking for a technical officer who will lead and provide technical support to the implementation of IMPAACT4TB project activities in the selected project sites in SNPPR. H/She will collaboratively work in coordination and communication with the KNCV central team, senior M&E officer, regional TB and HIV programs and other regional stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise and represent IMPAACT4TB Project in the implementation of 3HP in the respective region, and participate in regional technical meetings
- In consultation with the PM provide the necessary technical support to the regional, zonal and district offices to strengthen the programmatic implementation of LTBI treatment (3HP)
- Provide regular technical support to health facilities to strengthen delivery of quality LTBI treatment with a focus on 3HP through regular supervision and mentoring
- Provide regular technical support to HIV clinics to strengthen identification of eligible people living with HIV, initiation of TB prevention, and retention in care to complete treatment
- Provide regular technical support to TB clinics to strengthen identification of eligible child contacts through routine contact investigation, initiation of TB prevention, and retention in care to complete treatment
- Provide the necessary provider support tools (e.g., Job aids, SOPs etc.) to health facilities implementing 3HP at the ART and TB clinics
- Provide support to organize and coordinate workshops and trainings on short course TB preventive therapy in the region
- In collaboration with EPSA hubs and pharmacy units, ensure the availability of 3HP, monitor the stock status and proper use of the drugs to avoid stock-outs and losses
- Closely work with the regional teams to regularly monitor the demand and uptake of 3HP for the target groups
- Coordinate and support regular performance review of 3HP implementation with relevant stakeholders
- Support the documentation and dissemination of project results including preparation and submission of progress reports, presentations and other relevant financial documents.
- Ensure the availability and proper documentation of 3HP related data in registers and recording tools
- Maintain smooth partnership and collaboration with government HIV and TB program teams, and other implementing partners to strength programmatic management of LTBI
- Identify, document and share best practices and challenges in 3HP implementation
- Provide appropriate support and actively engage in program-based operational researches as appropriate
- Work with the M&E team to analyze monitoring and evaluation data and track project indicators as the basis for measuring performance and proposing improvements
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A short- term consultant for 2 months with possible extension.
- Job Requirements:
- Who are we looking for
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in health or health related field
- At least 3 years of work experience in an international organization and demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- In depth knowledge of regional HIV and TB program management and support
- Adequate experience in TB and HIV program mentoring and supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of local language is also an asset.
- knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to efficiently organize work and ability to work independently
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Good interpersonal skills with experience in networking with partners at all levels (regional health bureaus, EPSA hubs, NGOs and local community- based organizations);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one other relevant language;
- Country national preferable, conversant in the local language;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with a demanding work environment and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work in a national and international team.
- How To Apply:
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, and 3 professional references via the following email: email@example.com. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team: + 251116673801.
Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the above mentioned email address only.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram