Deputy Emergency Program Coordinator
- Job Description:
- GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality
· Work closely with the senior management and field teams to ensure smooth running of all programs.
· Provide technical expertise to country programs to ensure all programs adhere to IMC and internationally accepted minimum standards and provide the highest quality services, through field visits and remote support.
· Provide technical guidance and oversight and support to all program activities; identify capacity-building needs of staff and design/implement training plans accordingly;
· Ensure all programs follow standardized IMC/international policy and protocol
· Oversee the collection and timely reporting of data/statistics and narrative reporting for all programs, according to internal and donor requirements
· Review monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and final donor reports and ensure quality of the reports working with relevant teams such as MEAL, Grant and Program team.
· Lead with health teams and work with partner agencies, and national health authorities for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning.
· Ensure senior management team and HQ technical staff and relevant field team members are kept apprised of program developments, challenges, and opportunities, through the established reporting protocol.
· Work with senior management team, field teams, regional desk, and the HQ Technical Units in strategic planning for future programs
· Work with senior management team to draft concept notes and proposals for future funding
· Lead technical input and write detailed, high quality proposals for large institutional donors in coordination with Technical Managers and Coordinators
· Represent IMC at important discussions with donor, government and other stakeholders and shall remain up to date with humanitarian and development needs; donor priorities and plans in Ethiopia and work along with the Senior Management and HQ in strategizing and making informed decisions on maximizing IMC’s portfolio in Ethiopia.
· Carry out rapid needs assessments and participates in document review/research to establish solid facts and justifications for program ideas and concepts.
· Approach potential donors and develop professional and productive relationships including holding face to face meetings where appropriate
· Represent IMC at National Cluster meetings and other relevant coordination forums, including with technical counterparts at other NGOs and U.N. agencies; ensure senior management and relevant field staff are briefed on meeting outcomes
· Serve as the principal liaison with various Ministries and regional authorities
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization.
Human Resources Management
· Assist in the selection and training of qualified program staff
· Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
· Provide technical supportive supervision to senior staff, including program managers
· Support direct supervisors in ensuring staff performance evaluations and professional development plans are in place
· Work closely with the Health managers and field teams to determine the training needs of the staff; oversee trainings of clinical and non-clinical staff to make sure they are of acceptable quality and address the identified needs.
· Work closely with country senior management team and HQ Technical Units
· Ensure continuous communication with the Program development, MEAL and Grants team to ensure quality proposal development, implementation and donor reporting.
· Collaborate with security officer/CD in order to maintain security of all staff in the field
· Ensure application and compliance of security protocols and policies Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
· Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
- Job Requirements:
- · The candidate must be a medical doctor with a Master’s in Public Health or a similar public health degree
· Minimum 8 years of experience at managerial and technical levels relating to primary and secondary health care, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, community health, communicable diseases and outbreak/emergency response
· Candidates with management of sectors like Nutrition, WASH, GBV & Livelihoods will be preferred.
· Experience of working at senior level in health humanitarian and development programs in Ethiopia
· Excellent communications skills in English (oral and written)
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
· Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
· Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively
· Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
• Ability to assume non-medical responsibilities
• Skills and knowledge in program sustainability and capacity building, project monitoring and evaluation.
• Proven capabilities in leadership, program development and quality required
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
- How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net on OR beforeApril 03, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.