Physiotherapist Department Head – Redat Healthcare PLC, September 24 2022
Physiotherapist Department Head
Organization: Redat Healthcare PLC
Position: Physiotherapist Department Head
Location: Addis Ababa
- Redat Healthcare Plc.is a home and in-clinic healthcare center committed to bringing the highest standards of healthcare and healing to you in the premises of our clinics and in the comfort of your own home. Our ability to create an easy and customized healthcare alternative for you comes from our leadership’s many years of experience in the Ethiopian health sector and our numerous partnerships with renowned medical facilities. We are committed to bringing you the best doctors, nurses, therapists, and technologically advanced homecare available. Our focus is on you and your unique needs, and we look forward to supporting you on your health and healing journey by providing our wide range of in clinic, home health, and disease management services.
- Lead and manage a physiotherapy team that delivers clinically effective, high quality, and safe.
- Day to day management responsibility for physiotherapy staff including for example induction, team meetings, mandatory training, identification of learning and development needs of all members of the team through performance review and personal development plan (PDP).
- Responsible for the development, implementation and updating of local procedures, protocols and standards within designated area, ensuring adherence of staff at all times.
- Provide clinical and professional leadership in the delivery of a high quality Physiotherapy service.
- Be responsible for the overall management and performance of physiotherapy activity within the designated area in keeping with good professional practice and subject to agreed company’s and national policy directives and priorities.
- Ensure best practice physiotherapy needs assessments and appropriate range of service user interventions are in place.
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained.
- Ensure the provision of professional and clinical supervision to Physiotherapists.
- Ensure Physiotherapy service complies with relevant HR and other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to the Physiotherapy service, engaging staff as appropriate.
- Contribute to service planning and development.
- Provide service activity reports as required in line with company’s requirements
- Ensure compliance with a high standard of documentation, including service user files
- provide leadership, motivation and supervision of all members of the physiotherapy team as well as providing clinical care for patients.
- to help manage the operational management of the Physiotherapy service.
- ensuring delivery of high quality effective clinical care through assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of treatment
- Making assessments of patients’ physical conditions in clinic and at patient’s home as required.
- Formulating treatment plans to address the conditions and needs of patients.
- Conducting complex mobilization techniques.
- Assisting trauma patients with how to walk again.
- Educating patients, family members, and the community on how to prevent injuries and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Referring patients to doctors and other medical practitioners.
- Planning and organizing physiotherapy and fitness program
- Meeting with patients to assesses what their physical challenges are and deciding on suitable treatment programs
- Monitoring the process of patients and adjusting or changing treatments as needed
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals, such as Occupational Therapists and general Practitioner and referring patients as needed
- Involving the families and caregivers of patients in their treatment programs and delivery of care
- Updating and maintaining accurate patient case notes and reports
- Staying up to date regarding new physiotherapy technologies and techniques
- Initiating and participating in evidence- based projects to improve the quality of patient care
- Complying with government Physiotherapy regulations
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromuscular skeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks
- Make a clinical assessment and diagnosis in order to treat their physical problem/condition
- Design and review clinical management plans that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques, and which may include specialist rehabilitation, life-style medicine, long-term strategies, and clinical techniques
- Involve parents and careers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients
- Educate patients and their careers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions
- Write patient case notes and reports, and collect statistics
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, consultants, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention
- keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients
- Be legally responsible and accountable
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times
- Manage clinical risk
- Education and experience
- Required degree in physical therapy
- Certification and/or licensing in the position’s specialty is required
- Minimum 2 years in management/ leadership experience
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their application or motivation letter enclosed with detailed CV written in English, educational document and Certificate of Conformity. Please send the entire documents via ethiojobs.net in combine PDF.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.