Junior clinical nurse needed at Hospice Ethiopia, May 2 2022
Organization: Hospice Ethiopia
Position: Junior clinical nurse
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment: Full Time
Date of Announcement: April 30 2022
Deadline: May 10 2022
Established in 2003 by Tsigerada YisfaWessen, Hospice Ethiopia is a community base, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive palliative and hospice care and support to cancer and/or HIV and AIDS patients.
The high demand for care of chronically ill patients cannot be dealt with by the government health service alone, even in the most optimal health care system. This calls for efficient community, home-based and palliative care centers where terminally ill patients are provided with the necessary care they need.
Our staff see an average of 6 outpatients a day and our offices are open every day for drop-in patient services or emotional support. These are other areas our team works to provide support:
Hospice Ethiopia would like to recruit a competent and qualified person with the following job title and qualifications:
Job title: Junior clinical nurse
Major Job description:
• Assess and provide holistic cam for patients
• Conduct psychosocial care
• Provide grief and bereavement supped for patient family when necessary
• Facilitate patient referral with necessary healthcare facility when necessary
• Actively participate during case discussion among the clinical staff
• Work in collaboration with care givers who are directly involved in patient care
• Expected to work full time employee
• Be able to develop work plan every month and communicate with immediate supervisor
• Reporting for the immediate supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
• BSc in nursing with one year experience or diploma in nursing with a minimum of four years solid relevant experience.
Interested in working in palliative/hospice care and resource limited settings.
Having a skill and competence to assess patient needs and care. Good verbal and written communication skills in English. Have the passion to palliative care and a great team work. Having a valid professional license is required. Eligible candidates are required to attach hard copy of documents required to the vacant, if applied in person.
How to Apply
• Interested and eligible applicants may send their CV via the following emails or in person at the HR office within 5 consecutive working days from the date of announcement.
• Email Address:
• Physical address: Yeka sub-city. Wereda 12, on the way to Kara Rote (through hillside school).
• Tell: 0118 69 8688 or 0118694377
• Duration of employment One year with possible extension.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram