Doctors Online Ethiopia, November 11 2021
Nov 9, 2021 – Nov 17, 2021
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH), Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the following position:-
The Project Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, and provide overall leadership and coordination for the implementation of Family Focused HIV prevention, Care & Treatment Services Project. In consultation with the Program Director and with the program/project staff, she/he develops annual implementation plans and budget; allocates appropriate resources to accomplish the plan, secures qualified staff and ensures that an appropriate monitoring system is in place to track progress and deviations of program/project implementation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Program Planning and Implementation
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and monitor the operations of the Program;
- Based on past accomplishments and achievements adjusts program targets, strategies, resources to ensure appropriate progress toward Program objectives;
- Submits annual plans as per established schedules to all program stakeholders;
- Promotes MSD activities in the selected target areas in the Program;
- Ensures that program operations in the HO & BO are carried out in accordance with MSD policies and procedures;
- Ensures that all staff have updated monthly and quarterly implementation plans;
- Periodically visits field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the Program staff in terms of adequate and inadequate progress as well as recommendations for improved performance;
- Builds the capacity of HO & BO staff and its partners in technical issues pertinent to the sector;
- Maintains ongoing communication with stakeholder regarding program/project progress and challenges.
Responsibility #2: Financial and HR Management
- Ensures efficient and cost effective operations of all functions of the HO & BO;
- Ensures that HO & BO’s assets are properly managed and safeguarded;
- Ensures that Organization’s policies, procedures and guidelines are properly implemented and followed up by all staff;
- In collaboration with the concerned technical staff develop sound selection criteria and guidelines for identifying and selection of volunteers and PE & CSWs.
- Prepares program budget in accordance to the schedule, formats, annual dates and deadlines agreed with donors;
- Approves administrative and financial requests within the approved budget and power delegated to him/her by the Supervisor and policies and regulations of the Organization;
- Ensures that government policies and directives and agreed NGO code of conduct are duly respected in project preparation and reporting.
Responsibility #3: Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Organizes a monitoring system to collect baseline and periodic data for tracking Program performance and decision making;
- Mobilizes the local communities through awareness creation to participate in the identification, implementation and evaluation of projects;
- Ensure continuous data management and project quality according to MSD monitoring and evaluation guideline;
- Plans and conducts quarterly and annual Program review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Prepares and submit to the Head Office monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual financial and activity reports of the HO & BO.
Responsibility #4: Staff Management
- Supervises, support, leads, guides, orients, trains, coaches and supports staff reporting to him/her;
- Provides regular support to Program/Project Officers, Community Mobilizers, Facilitators and Volunteers.
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals;
- Provides ongoing feedback to Program staff, recognizing and praising successes and pointing out failures that needing corrective measures.
Responsibility #5: Networking, Learning and Reporting
- Represents MSD in the Program Area in all its dealings with third parties;
- Keeps up to date with developments in the Program, including best practice examples and ensures ongoing personal development and learning;
- Make formal presentations to the counterparts about Program progress, challenges, lessons learned and needed adjustments;
- Produces quarterly and annual performance reports and submits to the Program Director.
Responsibility #6: Performs any other duties assigned by Program Director.
Reports to: Program Director
Staff required: 01
- MA/MSC or BA/BSC in Health
- 4/6 years of relevant work experience.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Experience of working on USAID funded OVC, CHCT, or Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services projects is MANDATORY
- Concept paper development, operational planning, budget planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, report writing;
- Proficiency in standard office software packages;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels
- Experience of working on USAID funded OVC, CHCT, or Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services projects
- Able to communicate in local language of the project intervention areas is mandatory
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV which is not more than 3 pages through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of position in which you are applying for. Or in person can submit CV with credentials to MSD head office Telephone 0118699419, Yeka Sub city Signal to Shola Road around Wegagen Bank.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply