Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Lead – Medical Teams International Vacancy Announcement, November 24 2023
Organization: Medical Teams International
Position: Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Lead
Location: Dire Dawa
Employment: Full time
Deadline: November 30, 2023
- Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Assist in Ensuring Medical Teams International (MTI’s) standard of quality in primary health services is met.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and supervision of the team.
- Develops plans for process and quality improvement and reports findings.
- Ensures quality control at all levels of service provision (referrals from the community, primary health care level, pharmacy, referrals for secondary care).
- Ensures strict monitoring of the use and flow of medications at the service delivery point.
- Ensures compliance to program standards at all levels.
- Ensures monitoring and accountability of beneficiary registrars.
- Maintains quality assurance and adherence to healthcare protocols ensuring compliance with RHB standards.
- Ensures data collection meets program requirements, and that all activities are suitably documented
- Assists in the compliance with government health reporting mechanisms; both in terms of reporting to WHO, RHB, and internal reporting
- Assess and implement appropriate training in coordination with the health ang nutrition manager to equip and strengthen knowledge and skills of health team.
- Leads development of trainings, feedback sessions and tools for M & E and quality improvement.
- Ensures that programming is of excellent technical quality, suitable to attract donor funding and contributes significantly to MTI’s strategic objectives.
- Provides technical support to project medical personnel to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved, adhering to international, donor and Ministry of Health Guidelines and policies.
- Ensures appropriate treatment protocols are followed as set forth per National guidelines and/or MTI policies.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the Community Health Coordinator to ensure program goals are achieved and program approach/interventions are being continuously evaluated and adapted.
- Ensures strong linkages between CHW program and MHNT program.
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context.
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines.
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic.
- Support other areas of the office as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of work for all.
- 3. Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste appropriately.
This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and reaches their potential as individuals and teams and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening, and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to adhere to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policies.
Safeguarding & Code of Conduct
Medical Teams International is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Medical Teams International Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Children and Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy Training upon hire and on an annual basis.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned; The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
- Medical Doctor, or Health Officer
- At least 3 yrs experience working in direct health service delivery.
- 2 years’ experience managing operation of health services.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
How to Apply
Candidates should follow the following 3 steps while applying for the positions:
1. Fill out the mandatory application form using the following link: Online Application Form and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
2. Send your CV and application letter to [email protected] clearly mark “Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Lead ” in the subject line
3.Only candidates who only fill the online application form and send CV together with Application letter only will be considered for candidacy.
All applications must be submitted on or before November 30 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further assessment.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply to the following address ——-
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
Your application letter must include the following information.
Name of the position you have applied.
Date of application
Summary of your qualifications and experience
Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent)