Regional Case identification and Prevention Advisor – ICAP Vacancy Announcement, October 20 2023
Position: Regional Case identification and Prevention Advisor
Location: Oromia, Addis Ababa, Newly formed regions (South, Central, SIdama and Southwest)- Hawassa, Amhara -Bahirdar, Tigray- Mekelle
Employment: Full time
Deadline: October 29, 2023
ICAP at Columbia University
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, the Regional Case Identification and Prevention Advisor supports the design and implementation of HIV case finding, partner notification, post-exposure prophylaxis, Gender based violence, key population services and Prevention related activities.
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, Regional Case Identification and Prevention Advisor will have the following responsibilities:
· Participate in regional technical working groups in HIV prevention and Case Identification.
· Provide technical assistance to RHBs in planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of ICT, PrEP, HIVST, KP, GBV and SNS programs.
· Provide technical assistance to RHBs in the development /customization of ICT, PNS, PrEP, GBV and KP services job aides and CEMs.
· In collaboration with RHBs, organize and provide basic training on ICT, PNS, PrEP, GBV and KP services at RHB and high case load health facilities.
· Support the RHBs in Strengthening risk based PITC and index case testing services to optimize HIV testing yield.
· Propose innovative ideas that improve case identification and linkage to HIV-positive clients.
· Support RHBs in the implementation and scale-up of HIV self-testing through assisted, unassisted and community led approaches priority with a focus on index linked HIV-self testing in children.
· In collaboration with the RHBs, ensure the assignment of ICT, PrEP, GBV and KP services focal persons in supported facilities.
· Support RHBs to ensure the implementation of ICT, PrEP, HIVST, GBV and KP services minimum package at KP providing health facilities.
· Support RHBs in the recruitment and deployment of peer navigators at KP-selected sites.
· In collaboration with community partner support RHBs to develop innovative strategies to track the sexual network of the index cases and link them to HIV testing services.
· Support RHBs in the mapping of the catchment FSWs quarterly.
· In communication with the regional EPSS hub, ensure availability of adequate stocks of PrEP medications and they are utilized timely.
· Support the RHBs in roll out of the long-acting PrEP.
· Support the RHBs to conducting ICT, PrEP, HIVST, GBV and KP services quality improvement initiatives and build capacity to benchmark and scale up best QI practices.
· Support RHBs in the provision of quality KP service through regular KP-Quality score card monitoring.
· Support RHBs in the mapping of PWIDs, developing minimum service packages for PWIDs and implementing integrated services for PWIDs.
· Support RHBs in the inclusion of U=U messaging in the prevention, care, and treatment messages
· Support RHBs in the provision of comprehensive SGBV services at all ART sites.
· In collaboration with the RHBs, Regularly conduct SIMS assessments analyze the findings, identify gaps, and develop PIP & follow up on the improvement plan.
· Participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual ICAP performance review meetings.
· Provide joint supportive supervision to RHBs and Selected HFs.
· Coordinate closely with the RHB staff to ensure appropriate, high quality and timely technical assistance for participating hospitals and IPC Focal points.
· In partnership with ICAP’s Strategic Information unit, drive continuous use of data to track program quality, outputs, and outcomes.
· Synthesize successful results, prepare, and disseminate reports and guidance on IPC/TB_ best practices and approaches for wider replication and use in the country.
· Provide technical leadership and IPC training/capacity building with an initial focus on protecting health care workers, patients, and communities.
· Compiles and submits monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual activity reports; and perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualifications and experiences.
· Physician or Health related BSC with a minimum of 5 years of experience involved in Prevention and HIV case Identification: Having MPH is an advantage.
· Experience in HIV regional program technical coordination.
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing, and conducting training.
· Experience in the development of documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs.
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages).
How to Apply
Only online applications are received.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Please specify the region for which you are applying in your application letter and on the application form as “Full Name”-region for which you are applying. (i.e FullName -Addis Ababa (specify your application Region)
Closing date for receiving applications is – October 29, 2023.