Project Co-ordinator – AAU/ College of Health Science Vacancy Announcement, October 16 2023
Organization: AAU/ College of Health Science
Position: Project Co-ordinator
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment: Full Time
Date of Announcement:
Deadline: November 14, 2023
We are currently looking to hire a project administrator for our project (NIHR GLOBAL HEALTH RESEARCH GROUP ON PROMOTING CHILDRENS’ AND ADOLESCENTS’ MENTAL WELLBEING). Our aim is to develop culturally sound mindfulness intervention to promote children’s and adolescent’s mental wellbeing. The Project will work in Addis Ababa, Addis Ketema Sub-city
The Role of the Project Co-ordinator
The successful applicant will be responsible for co-ordinating the project
- Prepare activity reports and co-ordinate preparation of financial reports for quarterly reporting to the funder.
- Responsible for ethics protocol submission and processes linked to ethical approval and ethical conduct of the study
- Line management of research co-ordinator, research assistants, field co-ordinators, data collectors and other field staff.
- Work closely with the data manager to ensure implementation of all standardised operating procedures for quality data collection and management.
- Liaise with local and international stakeholders to support engagement in the studies.
- Oversee the delivery of research, training, and knowledge exchange programme initiatives, ensuring they are managed to business requirements, specification, time, and budget.
- Prepares project status reports and briefings, keeping the in-country lead and project management committee(s) informed of project status and related issues.
- Responsible for the timeous and high-quality preparation of project documentation, reports, correspondence and maintaining comprehensive files and records as appropriate.
- Routinely monitor all activities and support the delivery of strong governance of projects through supporting the administration of advisory boards meetings, as well as management meetings, work package meetings and stakeholder workshops.
- Liaise with internal departments and international project partners
- Additional tasks as directed by the study investigators.
- Well organised.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others, including international collaborators
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Terms and conditions
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends.
Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
Length of Contract: A 3 years post subject to six monthly contract renewal.
Probationary Period and Notice Period: There is a three-month probationary period for this role. The notice period is one month.
No. required: One
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary and benefits: Negotiable
Terms of employment: Full-time, 3 years post subject to six monthly contract renewal
Reports to: Country Leads, CAMW Project
- MSc in health-related or social science-related field, with thesis.
- 2 years of work experience in project coordination.
- Knowledge of health research essential.
- Experience co-ordinating and community-based or intervention study an advantage.
- Experience preparing reports for international partners an advantage.
- Experience in working with international collaborators is essential.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Strong computer program literacy and knowledge.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience in Research with Children is an advantage
How to Apply
Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) to the Human Resources Department of the College of Health Sciences (Addis Ababa University): HR Department, The Human Resources Office, 1st Floor, College of Health Sciences Building, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job.
The recruitment will involve a written exam and interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is November 14, 2023