Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Officer – World Vision Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, October 7 2023
Organization: World Vision Ethiopia
Position: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support Officer
Location: Tigray Region
Employment: Full time
Deadline: October 13, 2023
Employee Contract Type:
The MHPSS Officer will supervise, monitor, and closely support community level MHPSS facilitators and or volunteers in their role of facilitating and conducting group based psychological interventions such as interpersonal psychotherapy for groups (IPT-G) and Group problem management plus (G-PM+) in respective operation areas. In addition, the position holder organizes monitoring data per technical guidance from MHPSS Coordinator for the monitoring of progress, regular reporting and to maintain the overall quality of MHPSS program implementation.
30% Planning and Implementation of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Activities
- Joint planning with MHPSS coordinator and other teams for effective execution of the program
- Ensure strategic implementation of brief psychotherapy GPM + and other in respective woreda
- Closely work with MHPSS facilitators, PHCU at kebele and woreda level
- Ensure the proper identification and recruitment of depressed women and men to participate in the GPM+ based on the established screening criteria
- Ensure the implementation of MHPSS program according to the project proposal and plan
- Assist and support in the process of pilot Group Problem Management Plus (G-PM+) to address the MHPSS needs of communities affected by adversity.
- Ensure the proper identification, referral, and case management of critical mental health cases based on established referral protocols.
- Ensure proper identification of people with acute stress and enroll to PFA and other MHPSS service
- Ensure MHPSS facilitator to maintain self-mental health wellbeing for better service provision
- Participate in different mental health related cluster meeting and TWG represent RFSA implementation at woreda level
30% Conduct technical capacity building and supervision
- Provide supervision to community level MHPSS facilitators and create field level peer supervisory network.
- Identify skill gaps of the IPT-G & G-PM+ community level MHPSS facilitators in regular basis and provide technical support accordingly.
- Conduct regular technical support and supervision in according to the standard and need
- Ensure MHPSS capacity in PHCU, woreda and kebeles level through regular technical support
- Ensure adoptability and pilot of different digital innovation with MHPSS program
- Regular discussion with facilitators and government bodies for quality improvement and reach effective quality standards
20% Monitoring and Evaluation
- Execute the designed monitoring plan accordingly in respective assigned areas
- Employ quality improvement core points in MHPSS implementation across the woredas
- Follow-up and track client attendance, participation and document client progress to assess MHPSS activity `efficacy.
- Monitor the collected data’s, and provide appropriate support based on the received analysis of the data
- Monitor the program for better coordination and integration across internal purposes and external services
20% Ensuring on time reporting, data quality and learning documentation
- Collect key MHPSS client data and prepare reports on progress made, together with observations, challenges faced, and lessons learned.
- Analyze woreda based MHPSS data and extract evidence and share in review meeting to the program leaders for an informed decision making.
- Ensure the proper documentation of MHPSS clients file and maintain confidentiality at all levels consistent with organizational protocols
- Documentation of best practices and share to respective technical team for review
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in MHPSS intervention.
- Experience in facilitating group counseling.
- Working as a Psychiatric Nurse, or a Health Officer or Social worker with mental health experience.
- Experience of working with people affected by adversity.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of issues relating to common mental health and psychological problems.
- A person who has completed an IPT-G and G-PM+ training course is an asset.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- B. A/ B.sc degree in Psychology, Public health, Psychiatric Nursing, or social work
- Passionate about helping people affected by mental health and psychosocial problems.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Understanding of self-help approaches and empowerment in MHPSS
- Understanding of general MHPSS client evaluation approaches.
- Excellent understanding and adaptability to digital innovations
- Excellent group facilitation skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop, inform and sustain professional relationships, partnerships and networks
- Ability to work in collaboration with people affected by depression, stress, anxiety and other common mental health conditions
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
Frequent travel to the designated kebeles for co-facilitation, monitoring or supportive supervision of Community level MHPSS facilitators at PSNP kebeles within assigned woreda.
Language Requirements: Ability to communicate and write clearly in English and local language of the operation area (Tigregna ) is a must.
Required quantity: eight (8) (2 per woreda for Klitawulalo, Tsaeda Emba, Enderta and Semre)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should follow the below link to apply
World Vision is a child-focused organization that is committed to safeguarding all children as well as adult beneficiaries, and has zero tolerance for incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. Therefore, World Vision does not hire staff whose background is not suitable for working with children or vulnerable adults, even if their role does not interact directly with them.
Disclaimer: World Vision Ethiopia is a reputable organization that values transparency and fairness in its recruitment process and does not solicit any money for any job application. We encourage all job seekers to be cautious of any job ads that require payment or personal information upfront. If you have any questions or concerns about our job ads or recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.