Study Supervisor – Reach Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, October 6 2023
Organization: Reach Ethiopia
Position: Study Supervisor
Location: All Districts of Zone-3 Afar region, Afar
Deadline: October 9, 2023
REACH Ethiopia is a registered Ethiopian nonprofit organization dedicated to community development by executing innovative and targeted projects, delivering high-quality health services to underprivileged communities. Since its establishment in 2013, REACH Ethiopia has implemented more than 16 projects and harmoniously worked with over 19 partners worldwide. The organization has proven its capacity in taking up new initiatives and carefully executing them to retain good practice and disseminate the learning to partners. REACH Ethiopia is currently implementing multiple TB related activities at national and regional level.
REACH Ethiopia has received a grant from Expertise France to carry out a community-based TB prevention and control project in Zone-3 of the Afar region. The project will implement diverse models for TB case detection, treatment, and institutional capacity building, aiming to enhance TB care services within the pastoralist community of the Afar regional state in Ethiopia. The project’s objective is to reach key affected and vulnerable populations by advocating for community-led, rights-based, and gender-transformative comprehensive TB services. REACH Ethiopia seeks Data collector supervisors who had proven experience of supervision and management of data collection. The overall objective of this assignment is to collect health facility level data on key indicators of TB program and TB program implementation status and to supervise the household data collection process.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Under the Principal investigator, the study supervisor will execute the following activities: –
- Coordinate the overall data collection, site selection and data management
- Cross check the validity and meaningfulness of the collected data
- Manage logistics and supplies for the data collection
- Manage the time and effort of the data collection
- In collaboration with data collectors, prepare micro plans for the data collection and effectively manage the movement of data collectors
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to the data collectors
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures and policies when collecting, storing and sharing data
- Make sure that quality data is collected by each data collectors and submitted to the cloud server
- Anticipate unusual situations and make quick and responsible decisions in consultation with the PI In consultation with the PI, provide onsite orientation for the data collectors (if necessary)
- Perform other activities related to the data collection when assigned by DUP
Employment type: Short term contract
Number of positions: 4
Location: Afar, Zone-3
Payment rate: As per the scale of the organization
Duration: 12 Days (2 Training and 10 Data collection days)
Duration of work: – 12 Days (2 Training and 10 data collection days October 14-25, 2023)
Location: All Districts of Zone-3 Afar region
Required educational Qualification
- MPH with back ground of health science from recognized university or equivalent.
Work Experience required
- Three and above years of relevant work experience after graduation and with at least one year experience on research related activities.
- Work experience in TB control program is mandatory.
- Relevant Experience as data collector for clinical research, Survey and surveillance
- Good Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI) skills
- Relevant experience on statistical software at least (SPSS, Epi Info Epi data etc.)
- Aware the existing health system structure particularly on TB prevention and control program
- Good communication and teamwork experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Afargna languages.
How to Apply
By following our 3 steps application process:
Fill out the mandatory application form using the following link:
Study Supervisor Application Form It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
Attach your updated CV and application letter through the system.
Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
The application deadline is October 09, 2023. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is good fit on both sides.
REACH Ethiopia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.