Assistant Receptionist – The Pharo Foundation Vacancy Announcement, October 4 2023
Organization: The Pharo Foundation
Position: Assistant Receptionist
Location: Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz Regional State (BGRS)
Deadline: October 16, 2023
- Answer client inquiries about services.
- Educate clients on testing, and products of PDCS (Pharo Diagnostics and Clinical Services) recommendations.
- Properly pronounce, know the meaning of, spell and correctly use common procedures, laboratory, pathology terms.
- Assessing patients and gaining their trust.
- Planning and delivering patients’ care.
- Monitoring patients’ progress.
- Taking samples, pulses, temperatures, and blood pressures.
- Monitoring and administering medication.
- Writing records.
- Perform duties guided by familiarity with PDCS protocols and procedures.
- Perform duties with a customer service orientation, always keeping the client’s perspective in mind, trying to exceed expectations.
- Welcome clients and ensure that their time in the reception area is a positive experience.
- Check in, invoice completion, check out, prescription and product sales.
- Review invoices and departing instructions with clients.
- Participate in continuing education and homework assignments.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, mid-day rounds and reception meetings.
- Handle cash, credit, and debit transactions, make computer entries, and give change.
- End of shift accounting and balancing on paper and coordinating with computer and credit card information.
- Maintain an effective appointment schedule maximizing use of staff resources.
- Be familiar with and operate basic features of telephone and voice mail systems.
- Answer calls and effectively meet callers’ needs.
- Retrieve and deal with voice mail messages.
- Call clients to get or supply information or resolve issues.
- Navigate practice software efficiently and knowledgably.
- Locate client, patient, and practice information quickly to facilitate job flow.
- Enter and update client and patient information and medical notes.
- Prepare estimates and invoices and be familiar with invoice item codes.
- Prepare computer-generated forms including check-in documents, certificates, lab requests.
- Retrieve and reply to email messages.
- Retrieve and file medical records in basement.
- File reports, results, waivers, and other similar tasks in appropriate folders.
- Organize brochures and client handouts.
- Maintain the professional and welcoming appearance of the reception area through cleaning and organization.
- Contribute to monitoring and upkeep of office equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College diploma or degree in Nursing or other equivalent
- Previous experience as a receptionist is an advantage.
- Valid license to practice in Ethiopia.
- Competent in relevant computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Great attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
- High professional and ethical standards.
- Structured and process-oriented.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Motivated to learn and perform and not afraid to ask questions.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and add value by introducing positive change.
- Excellent communicator and comfortable to work in a team environment.
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality with solid leadership, interpersonal and diplomatic skills.