Programme Monitoring Manager – Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Vacancy Announcement, September 3 2023
Organization: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Position: Programme Monitoring Manager
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: From ETB 1,027,788 – ETB 1,175,796 per annum (gross salary), depending on experience.
The position is responsible for leading programme monitoring across the GAIN Ethiopia portfolio of projects and ensuring that the learnings from monitoring and research are used to make improvements to programmes and to strengthen the overall strategy. The postholder will provide senior technical support to the project teams to design, coordinate and implement the monitoring framework of the country programme.
This position will functionally report to the Head of Policy and Advocacy and all technical aspects of the work will be managed by the Global Program Monitoring Lead and Knowledge Leadership team. There will also be close collaboration with the centralized program teams
Tasks and responsibilities
- Monitoring and program improvement
- Develop and improve programme theories of change and results frameworks and plan in collaboration with
- project managers in Ethiopia, the Knowledge Leadership (KL) and Programmes Services (PST) teams and implementing partners.
- Oversee the in-country monitoring activities for all programmes.
- Lead on the consolidation of the country Learning Agenda to capture programme learning and inform improvements to programmes and strategy.
- Lead and responsible for the design and adaptation of the programme monitoring tools and processes and lead on the training and quality assurance of the programme monitoring components.
- Conduct monitoring field visits as required to ensure that project progress is on track.
- Ensuring timely and good-quality routine activity progress monitoring and reporting by implementing Partners.
- Contribute to critical analysis and interpretation of monitoring and research results to formulate
recommendations on program actions, improvements, and lessons learned. Reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Manage and ensure consistent review, data analysis and preparation of reports on monitoring indicators
Research (as feasible)
- In collaboration with the KL team, provide coordination and oversight for research implementing partners, ensure milestones are met, reviewing progress reports, and advising on disbursement of funds.
- Participate actively in dissemination of programme learnings for external audiences (e.g., preparation of papers for the GAIN paper series, publications, presentations etc.) Leadership and team management
- Lead the recruitment of key staff (direct reports) and motivate team members to attain organizational goals and deliver their work to the quality required.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews.
- Provide or support mediation to resolve any implementation issues including differences between stakeholders and internal groups.
- Build a positive and inclusive culture and working environment for the staff to carry out their activities. Coach and/or programme staff and support the development of their capacity.
• Deep knowledge of programme design and monitoring tools, their application and quality assurance.
• Excellent skills to design, collect, analyze monitoring data and interpret implications for programme learning and improvement.
• Excellent project management skills (including planning, implementing and monitoring and reporting)
• Strong communicator, with the ability to work effectively as part of a global multicultural team.
• Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
• Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to advise and mobilize individuals within or outside their
• Proven ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Proven experience in the public health nutrition sector, with expertise in programme monitoring
• Demonstrated experience in critical analysis skills to extract key learning and effective practices from programme monitoring and its application to programme improvement
• Knowledge of major quantitative & qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
• Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
• Expertise in data management and analysis tools and software an asset
• Training and experience in research and/or impact evaluation an asset
• Track record of publication in peer review or grey literature an asset
• Bachelor’ or Master’s degree in Social Science, Nutrition, Public Health, Economics, or Statistics
• Willingness and ability to travel in country
• Fluency in English
WHAT GAIN OFFERS
•Location Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Salary From ETB 1,027,788 – ETB 1,175,796 per annum (gross salary), depending on experience.
• Contract Type Fixed Term
• Duration 24 Months
• A competitive renumeration package
• Flexible working hours through hybrid working opportunities
• Friendly working environment
• Professional development opportunities
• The chance to make a lasting contribution to reducing global malnutrition
How To Apply:
Use the link below to apply
For more vacancy alerts like this GAIN Vacancy Announcement, join us on Telegram