Public Health Intern – CARE Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, August 15 2023
Organization: CARE Ethiopia
Position: Public Health Intern
Location: Adama, Oromia
Deadline: August 25, 2023
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality, and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for post-war hunger in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
I. Job Summary
The intern will fully engage on school level promotion and facilitation works and other works given by her supervisor. The intern mainly will have the following roles:
- Participate on the timely distribution and proper utilization of communication materials to targeted schools, and other outreach groups such as HDAs, HEWs, religious leaders and influential people.
- Play a key role in mobilizing target groups for MHH good practice and product demand creation.
- Participate on the project capacity building trainings to school club facilitators and support the development of school WaSH+MHH plan.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision on MHH promotion at different entry points like school, health facility, university and the like.
- BSC degree in public health, Environmental health and other related field with zero-year experience
Desired Technical Skills
- Computer skill on Microsoft word and excel
- Knowledge of local language
- The intern is expected to make frequent travel to the project implementation sites both in Adama town and Adama woreda
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through Ethiojobs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.