Migration Health Physician–Health Assessment Programs, International Organization for Migration Vacancy Announcement; February 9 2023
Organization: International Organization for Migration – IOM
Position: Migration Health Physician–Health Assessment Programs
Location: Jigjiga, Ethiopia
Salary: UN Salary Scale for NO-B
Deadline: February 15 2023
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (SVN)
Open to Internal & External Candidates
|Migration Health Physician–Health Assessment Programs
|Type of Appointment
|Special Short-Term, six months with possibility of extension.
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
|09.02.2023 – 15.02.2023
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the UN Migration Agency with 174 Member States. IOM works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners in the field of migration. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-office (HoSO) Jijiga and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Migration Health Officer (MHO).
- Conduct the Jijiga MHAC’s migration health assessment process to fulfill the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
- Medical examinations;
- Laboratory testing;
- TB management;
- Treatment and referrals;
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
- Documentation, certification and information transmission; and,
- Other technical areas as may be required
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities. Oversee and coordinate the management of TB cases to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Oversee and coordinate accurate and effective provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries.
- Assist MHO in monitoring, supervising and educating all staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators. Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Addis Abba MHAC specific SOPs for each service area. Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Organize systematic collection, processing and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the MHO. Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the MHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
Position specific experience, for example:
· Minimum of four (4) years, post-graduation, (post internship in countries with mandatory internship programs) continuous clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary hospital setting. The last clinical posting should be within the last five years; and,
· Valid license to practice within Ethiopia is mandatory.
· Fluency in English, Somali and Amharic are required.
· Working knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills
· Report writing skills
· Proven supervisory/managerial skills
· Basic project management experience
· Very good representational skills
· Computer literate
Values and competencies
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
· Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
· Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
· Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
· Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
· Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
· Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to Apply
How to apply:
For applicants to be considered, applicants are required to apply via Ethiojobs.net indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email subject line. Any application that does not have this information in the subject line will not be considered and attach the following:
· Motivation/Application letter
· CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone)
· Copies of all Academic Certificates from an Accredited University
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 09 to 15-February-2023
We strongly encourage qualified female applicants to apply!