Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA ) Call for Volunteers, February 8 2023
Organization: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA )
Location: Addis Ababa
The International Institute for Primary Health Care – Ethiopia (IPHC-E) has the strong ambition to become a Center of Excellence in PHC (Primary Health Care) and serve as a knowledge hub and a learning platform at the regional and global levels. Its establishment was necessitated by the growing demand from other African countries to learn from the experiences of the Health Extension Program of Ethiopia. To this end, the Institute is expected to play a key role in strengthening Ethiopia’s PHC system and meeting the SDGs for health by serving as a global resource for PHC, building capacity through training and information sharing, carrying out health systems implementation research and contributing to the global advocacy for UHC through PHC.
About the program
IPHC-E is organizing an International Conference on Primary Health Care in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an overall goal of facilitating attainment of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and the health-related SDG’s by strengthening the PHC movement globally. The conference’s objectives are to:
- Transform the PHC movement and strengthen inter-sectoral collaborations by providing a forum for attendees from a wide variety of sectors to share knowledge and best practices in PHC
- Promote and enhance PHC champions to amplify their impact
- Build on the lessons learned from the COVID 19 response to strengthen the resilience of PHC systems
- Create an agenda to strengthen and build PHC around the globe
- It aims to host 300 participants, with different backgrounds and experiences.
General purpose of the program
- By joining the program, volunteers can:
- Give back to the community
- establish critical networking connections
- gain coveted work experience
- Sharpen their organizational skills
Role and Responsibility
The following list is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. Other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Support the planning and implementation of the International Conference on Primary Health Care in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Support the different committees that are working on the upcoming conference
- Draft and consolidate various documents (articles, factsheets, reports, concept notes etc);
- Assist in the organization of events and forums;
- Assist with public relations and social media;
- Draft responses to inquiries;
- Assist in drafting scripts and developing content for the promotional materials,
Required number: 3
Service duration: 7 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Volunteer Eligibility Criteria
- Any Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience in event organization,
- Excellent communication skills (Fluent in Amharic and English required)
- French language is a plus
- Background in health is a plus
- Volunteering and NGO Experience is a plus
The volunteers will work under the supervision of the Advocacy and Partnership Team, the event organizers and the ICPHC team in line with the duties assigned at hand. A carefully selected volunteer will be serving as the ‘Lead volunteer’ and could help with training and keeping the rest on track..
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multitask, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Networking skills to engage with key internal and external partners;
- Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English.
- Fluency in French is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email expected to submit their written expression of interest and credentials to [email protected] in 10 working days with the “position”. Please ensure that all contact information is up-to-date and accurate.
NB: Please make sure you are eligible for a call and note that we will check credentials during the submission of your application. Applicants who are not eligible will not be contacted.
This program is not intended for candidates who have enrolled into other internship programs or with a paying job at the moment.
This is not a paying position.