Medical Doctor, Médecins Sans Frontières – Holland Vacancy Announcement, February 6 2023
Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières – Holland
Position: Medical Doctor
Salary: Birr 47,156.00
Location: Jigjiga with frequent travel to the bases/projects, Somali
Employment: Full time
Deadline: Feb 13, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières-MSF-Holland
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
· Position title: MEDICAL DOCTOR-MD
· Place of work: Somali region, Jigjiga base with travel to the project locations
· Position holder report to(direct and functional supervision): Medical Team Leader (MTL)/ Medical Team Leader – MTL
Positions that report to this position holder (if any): None
Remuneration and Benefits:
– Starting gross salary(N+0) 47,156 ETB
– Medical cover: as per the organization policy
– Hardship allowance 30% = 5500
– Relocation allowance- only for relocated positions
Application deadline Date(10 working days):__January 31, 2022 to February 13, 2023
Médecins Sans Frontières (also known as Doctors without Borders or MSF) is a private, non-profit, international humanitarian medical organization that intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations to relieve human suffering resulting from unmet medical needs. MSF observes strict neutrality with respect to politics and provides its assistance without discriminating on the basis of race, religion, ideology, or political affiliation. MSF’s members are required to respect humanitarian principles and principles of medical ethics at all times.
MSF-Holland in Ethiopia currently operates in four projects (North Gonder, Abdurafi project, in Tigray-Shire project, in Somali region- Wardher project, in Gambella region; Kule project with diversified workforce.
|Main Purpose/Job Summary :-
· Provide quality outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards. Capacity building of the MSF team and (incentivized) partners.
Staff health responsible.
|• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Know and ensure all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensure professional confidentiality is respected.
Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
|MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities|
|This position is within the Somali Region Emergency Response Unit (SRERU). The SRERUs strategy is emergency interventions in all zones of the Somali Region. The team is prepared for four different scenarios; 1) Malnutrition emergencies, 2) Displaced populations 3) Vaccine Preventable Disease (VPD) outbreaks and 4) Waterborne Disease outbreaks. The team is set-up for short interventions during the emergency phase, for the maximum of a few months, and to advocate and build capacity to ensure hand-over potential. The team collaborates with other (i)NGOs and governmental partners, and capacity building of MSF contracted, as well as (incentivezed) partners is a focus.
|Education||· Medical Doctor with valid professional practicing license is essential. A Public Health degree is desirable.|
|Experience||· Experience in remote and/or emergency settings is desirable. Experience with malnutrition, measles, cholera and/or mobile clinics is an asset.|
|Languages||· Local language (Somali) essential. Mission language (English) essential.|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel)|
|Competences||· People Management
How to Apply
Interested applicants shall submit their non-returnable up to date CV and application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents) to the address given below:
· Online via www.ethiojobs.net or
· HR & Administration Department, MSF Holland, Jigjiga or Wardher offices.
Please note that we contact Only Short listed candidates with the required documents allowed to attend further assessment.
Use of false documents to gain employment with MSF will lead to automatic cancelation from the recruitment process and if found after employment it will lead to termination