CMAM Nurse (Roster Recruitment/Talent Pool) – Care Ethiopia Vacancy, January 30 2023
Organization: Care Ethiopia
Position: CMAM Nurse (Roster Recruitment/Talent Pool)
Location: East Hararghe, West Hararghe, Liben Zone (Somali), Borena, Afar, North Program Office (Bahir Dar), Tigray
Salary: 736 $
Deadline: February 28, 2023
The main focus of our work is addressing the root causes of poverty and vulnerability through nexus and development programming as well as a humanitarian response. This includes programming for improved governance; water and sanitation; food security; women’s economic justice; sexual and reproductive health and rights; and nutrition; and household and community level resilience. Our programs are implemented across both rural and urban areas. CARE Ethiopia works in multiple sectors including the following priorities: Food Security; Livelihoods & Resilience; Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Humanitarian Response; Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights; Women’s Economic Justice; Dignified Work. CARE’s operation spans most of the country: Afar, Amhara, Oromia, SNNP, Sidama, Somali, Tigray, Addis Ababa, and Dire Dawa.
About Roster Recruitment and How it Works
CARE Ethiopia’s humanitarian intervention is expanding across all parts of Ethiopia. Due to high demand for qualified professionals for the ever-increasing humanitarian response and the need for immediate deployment of pre-approved candidates for immediate employment, CARE Ethiopia is currently working on building a pool of roster recruitment as part of its talent acquisition management strategy.
Exclusion from CARE Roster System
The following can be ground for CARE Ethiopia to exclude potential candidates from its employment roaster:
- If negative feedback is obtained from references.
- If the roster candidate declines more than two assignments in a calendar year
- If the roster candidate was not deployed for more than two years.
- Upon specific request from the potential candidate for her/him to be excluded from the roster
Responsibilities of CARE Ethiopia and the Applicant
CARE Ethiopia’s main responsibility on facilitating the roster recruitments is to advertise the job openings in major vacancy portals (especially in those outlets accessible to female applicant); assess applicants’ skill with transparency; notify the recruitment outcome for shortlisted applicants; inform successful candidates whenever there are relevant emergency openings.
Applicant’s main responsibilities are to follow the application procedures; to avail themselves for the assessments; report to their duty station up on deployment. Candidates selected for roster recruitment has the right to accept or decline the offer.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The purpose of the CMAM Nurse/ Junior Nurse position is to provide overall technical, organisational support and play a support and facilitation role for community-based management of acute malnutrition in communities. she/he is assigned, includiing technology and best practices awareness creation and linkages and behavioral change through education, information, and communication. She/he supports people’s empowerment, collective action and solidarity, social cohesion, and inclusion as well as gender equity. Facilitates and encourages active participation of and networking between individuals and communities in recognizing problems, identifying solutions, and implementing project activities related to the identified solutions. Establishes and maintains close working relationship with communities and community organizations in her/his working area in order to ensure that the nutrition messages are disseminated and understood at all levels. Build capacities of the community and institutions. S/he works closely with woreda, Kebele, Village-level task force leaders and local government development agents.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1 Technical Support and facilitate community action planning and targeting
- Support and facilitates emergency nutrition program participants in the identification and prioritization of project beneficiaries as per the national protocol
- Facilitates community meetings and community action plan (CAP) preparation by working with organized community structures and ensure that the participation of each community groups in problem identification, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CMAM
Job Responsibility #2: Facilitate implementation of project activities and monitoring
- Support and facilitate the establishment of new OTP/SC sites and strengthen the existing OTP/SC sites.
- Conduct regular capacity assessment, Monitor the quality of therapeutic feeding program at primary health care unit and provide onsite training for service providers as necessary.
Job Responsibility #3: Strengthen partnership, institutional linkages and working relationship
- Selects CNVs from the community with relevant government stake holders/partners and arranges training for them along with the CMAM supervisor ;
- Represents CARE at woreda and kebele (s) level as a member of the health task force;
Job Responsibility #4: Reporting and Learning
- Support quality recording and documentation of nutrition data in OTP/SC sites
- Prepares weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and submit it to her/his supervisor
Job Responsibility #6: Perform other duties as assigned.
III. GENDER EQUALITY
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
A) EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Nursing.
- 2 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders
- 1 year relevant work experience for first degree.
- Minimum of 6 months Care internship service
- NGO experience is a plus.
- At least two years emergency nutrition related work experience
- Experience in community-based nutrition intervention preferably in emergency such as CTC and TSFP
- Knowledge and practical experience of the national/international therapeutic /supplemental feeding protocols/guidelines
- Experience in standard nutrition data management and reporting
- Skill in facilitating on job hands on training for health workers, HEWs, and CNVs
- Field experience of community mobilization
- Previous experience in pastoralist communities
C) Technical Skill
- Communication skills, good human relations, willingness to reside in rural areas.
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, conceptual understanding of participatory approach and sustainable development.
How to Apply
Please note that we are building a roster of qualified professionals who are interested in both short term and long-term opportunities. Applicants who previously applied do not need to re-apply.
If you are interested in being part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through the following.
- Through Ethiojobs. (Make sure you indicate the position title and location on subject line or on your application letter)
- Those of you who are in a remote area with poor internet access you can submit your application through [email protected] and in person to the nearest care field offices. (Make sure you indicate the position title and location on subject line or on your application letter). (Eg. “CMAM Nurse – Afar”)
v Please note that we do not accept in-person applications at Head Office.
When submitting your application in-person please add the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.