Qualitative Data collector – Ethiopian Public Health Institute Vacancy, January 28 2023
Organization: Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Position: Qualitative Data collector
Location: Addis Ababa, Sidama and Somali region
Salary: 16,892 Birr
Deadline: Feb 5, 2023
Report to: Health System & Reproductive Health Research Directorate of EPHI
Place: Ethiopian Public Health Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Project: Quality Evidence for health System Transformation (QuEST)
Term of employment: one month contract
Deoplyement area: Addis Ababa, Sidama and Somali region
Required number: 16
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is implementing Quality Evidence for Health System Transform (QuEST) project, a collaborative research platform between the Health System and Reproductive Health Research directorate (HS-RH-RD) of EPHI, MoH, Addis Ababa university-School of Public Health, and Harvard T.H CHAN School of Public Health. Quality Evidence for Health System Transformation (QuEST) is the global network that works to improve the quality of health systems through operational research and create a global community of practice to catalyze investments in evidence-based policy making on quality of health system. This network has three components such as People’s Voice Survey and e-Cohorts and Service delivery redesign/SDR. The first two components focus on developing and testing new measurement tools, whereas the third component (SDR) focus on service improvement through reforming the existing health system.
Thus, Service Delivery Redesign is one of the components of QuEST, which aimed at assessing the feasibility of service delivery redesign in health facilities for MNH and NCD health services in Addis Ababa, Sidama and Somali Region. Hence, the objective of this announcement is to recruit competent qualitative data collectors and deploy them in primary data collection in these three regions.
Qualitative Data Collectors will be responsible for conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions with selected stakeholders. They will also be responsible for the transcription of the key informant interviews and focus group discussions. The selected candidates will undergo a training to equip them with the necessary knowledge regarding the tools and protocols for the exercise.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions with selected stakeholders, objectively and in a technically competent, and friendly manner
- Transcribe (verbatim) all completed interviews and focus group discussions in MS Word.
- Take very good care of all materials and equipment assigned and submit them after data collection
- Check to ensure that all interviews conducted are stored in a safe and secure location
- Follow the guidance and instructions received during training
- Inform the research team of any challenges or difficulties encountered during administration of the interviews and focus group discussions and identify appropriate solutions
- Behave professionally when working and dress in a professional and culturally appropriate manner
· Prepare daily and weekly progress reports; and
· Any other related task requested by the task team.
· MPH/MA/MSc/MBA, MD or PhD with background in health, public health or related field of social science;
· At least 4 years for PhD or 6 years for MSC/MA/MPH/MD/MBA Experience in the Health Sector;
·Proven experience in at least two qualitative study projects demonstrating data collection, transcription and translation experience;
· Demonstrated knowledge of the Ethiopian Health System;
· Demonstrated experience in a range of qualitative data collection methods such as key informant interviews and focus group discussions; and
· Demonstrated proficiency with data collection tools such as voice recorder and Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word.
· Proficenct local langusge is mandatory for Somali and sidam region applicants
How to Apply
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 10 working days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application. If not attached the copies you may be not short listed.