Social Marketing Technical Manager
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
Under direct supervision of the Deputy Director sale and private sector support, Technical manager, will be responsible for overall technical and managerial oversight of the company’s social marketing activities and supply chain management, importing, storage and distribution practice of central warehouse and regional level stores. Coordinate with concern internal and external stakeholders to ensure fully compliance to EFDA and MOH standards and MSI quality assurance standards are fulfilled across all the sales activities of sales and franchise network.
Roles and responsibilities
Technical and supply chain management responsibilities
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) to manage overall company’s supply chain management and business processes complies with EFDA and MSI policy. Like stock handling, storage practices, managing database of customers, suppliers, purchase records, stock receiving, issue, return etc transactions are updated within company inventory software and manual records are available for EFDA inspection.
- Support in developing annual procurement plan, new product planning and track progress of procurement and ensure delivery per agreed timeline.
- Coordinate with sales manager and field team, to prepare monthly stock balance reports, stock reconciliation and prepare distribution list and ensure timely distribution.
- Responsible to manage coordination with fleet and logistic team to ensure timely delivery of the supplies to regional stores.
- Produce supply chain analytical reports at periodic internal like monthly stock balance, stock reconciliation, product safety alerts, store facility standards and take necessary action in coordination with line manager.
- Responsible to monitor and manages control inventory at all stores, minimum stock levels maintained, NO bulk inventory holding, NO expiry of any products. Ensure timely re-distribution and corrective actions to avoid non-moving items and near expiry items cleared following set procedure before it expired.
- Support procurement team in resolving technical issues around securing import permits, support letter from MOH and custom clearance process and claim resolution if any comes from concern authorities.
- Manage the technical issues and complaints come from federal/regional EFDA offices, other Government authorities in regards sales activities.
- With support of regulatory consultant, manages new product registration, renewal and re-registration requirement as per the EFDA regulation.
- Manage central warehouse activities includes receiving, storage, order filling, shipping, and inventory control as per the regulatory body’s requirement and MSI policy.
- Manages the transportation of products to and from the warehouse including their quality assurance standards.
- Oversees good storage practice and storage condition and temperature records are documented and maintained across all regional stores.
- Leads the periodic stock count (monthly/quarterly/biannual and annual) stock count and surprise physical counts of products in the warehouse and regional stores. Produce stock reconciliation reports and support respective store in-charge in taking corrective actions per MSI policy standards.
- Involves on approval of supplies’ requests and issuance and authorizes financial payments for purchase of goods and services as per the organization’s financial policy and delegation of authority by coordinating with the deputy director
- Closely works with Area Program Offices for technical support, capacity building of the field store in-charges and manages technical issues arise at field offices.
- Ensures products are sold to appropriate customers in such a way that product recall procedure requirement
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, delivering to customers.
- Respond to customers’ or suppliers’ questions and complaints regarding supply management, storage and delivery services.
- Engaged on related duties are assigned by supervisor
Team Management and Development
- Periodic assessment of the sales team technical capacity, organize capacity building training program and ensure best practices and knowledge shared among team.
- Ensures all team members capacity developed to provide high quality customer care and product delivery, motivated and engaged to increase productivity and work performance.
- Ensure proper KPIs are developed commensurate with the department’s annual objectives and timely performance appraisal are conducted for the team members working in the department.
- Coach and mentor team members who are directly reporting.
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
BSc/MSc in Pharmacy.
- BSc with five years and MSc four years of relevant experience in similar supply chain and pharma sales management filed is desirable
- Prior experience in large scale commercial sector or private pharmaceutical import and sales business is preferable
- Experience in dealing with EFDA rules and regulations for product registration and importation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Candidate must be highly skilled in proactive planning, self-starter and result oriented attitude.
- Knowledge of various rules and regulations in importing and warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in the country.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical sector operation
- Knowledge of family planning and sexual reproductive services.
- Excellent commend of written and spoken English is essential.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, excel analytical skills and inventory software handling experience;
- Interpersonal communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines;
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Type of Employment: full time
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:human r[email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!