Emergency Program Officer
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at IMC website
Website for reporting misconduct:
www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
About International Medical Corps
A preeminent First Responder, International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those hit by disaster, and offers the skills needed to rebuild stronger. We train people – giving communities the tools and knowledge to be self-reliant and be their own best First Responders when disaster strikes again.
International Medical Corps focuses on the delivery of community-based primary health care. We emphasize training and education, and prioritize hiring local staff – in fact, 96% of our field-based staff and health professionals are recruited from the local community. This helps to ensure that skills and knowledge are passed on and remain long after our programs have ended. Through the integration of specialties like emergency medicine, women’s health, nutrition services, water and sanitation, and mental health into the primary health care setting, we ensure that those we serve receive holistic, comprehensive care. The value of International Medical Corps’ integrated approach to community health and well-being and our emphasis on capacity building through training are critical for the long-term growth of ‘conflict and natural disaster-affected communities’ and ‘fragile states’.
Employee Position Summary
This position is more of a technical position in IMC Ethiopia country office, and the position holder will work under the direction and support of the Medical Director. He/she will support the Medical Director by participating:
· In disease surveillance and response during occurrence of outbreak,
· In Program development
· In program implementation, logistics and budget management
Essential Job Duties and responsibilities/Scope of Work:
l. Program Development
· Based on field reports and possible field visits, assess potential for new program developments and needs in project areas including newly identified and existing gaps and potential areas of intervention in public health emergency management including surveillance and outbreak response.
· Assist the Medical Director, in identifying potential areas for new projects and in preparation of concept notes and project proposals.
2. Program Implantation. logistics and budget management
· Provide technical support and guidance during the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PHEM project activities in the project areas from the inception to the close out stages.
· Support emergency preparedness plan preparation for the project woredas and PHCUs in close support with field staffs.
· Support in strengthening rapid response team to enable collect, compile, analyse and interpret surveillance reports to use for decision making and action and also provision of feedback.
· Support planning for procurement of drugs and medical supplies in response to the health emergencies and active projects as needed.
· Review program budget versus implementation and ensure support proper utilization of budget and provide feedback based on the monthly financial report for the field team.
· Conduct various types of assessment in relation to health emergencies to understanding and know the gap of health facility capacity, major risk factors and hazards for disease occurrence at all project sites, disease patterns and awareness of the community.
3. Reporting and M/E
· Collect monthly reports from field offices, review and provide feedback on reports.
· Assist the Medical Director to compile the field-based reports and prepare high level regular reports and updates.
· Support the field-based team to establish strong reporting systems and data flow mechanisms and ensure proper functioning of the systems for regular assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the projects against its objectives and expected results.
4. Additional Tasks:
· Collaborate with other actors working in the target community
· Be flexible and be able to give assistance with different activities not included in this primary job description.
- BSc, MD, MPH (preferred)
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to positon, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
How To Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV at www.ethiojobs.net before December 21, 2022.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.