Research Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor
Organization: Ipas Ethiopia
Position: Research Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor
Location: Addis Ababa
- Ipas is non-profit making organization with a head office based in North Carolina, USA, working to improve women’s lives focusing on reproductive health. Since 2000, Ipas Ethiopia has been collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) and various local and international partners to make comprehensive contraception and abortion care services are available and reduce abortion related maternal morbidity and mortality in the country
In light of the need to strengthen our relationship with stakeholders and expedite programme implementation, we are planning to hire the following position
The Research, Monitoring & Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor is responsible for providing technical support for Ipas Ethiopia’s research, monitoring and evaluation efforts and collaborating with the technical and program units to ensure high-quality Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation (RM&E) processes and methodologies. Additionally, this position guarantees that best practices are implemented in all RM&E activities. The RM&E Advisor will ensure that data are shared to and used by internal and external audiences through routine review of findings and dissemination in conferences and publications.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation of RM&E systems, including data collection, data management and documentation, and results reporting.
- Work closely with M&E Coordinator to follow up data collection and timely availability of data, addressing data related queries and preparing and dissemination of dynamic dashboards and fact sheets.
- Ensure quality control and consistency with Ipas global standards for MR&E, review periodic Global reports, respond and rectify data quality issues and approve Global M&E report timely.
- Follow up any technical update and country office concerns about local and global RM&E systems and provide technical leadership and follow up for its proper implementation.
- Contribute to the preparation for donors and other stakeholder documents, including data and narrative inputs.
- Works closely with Senior Research and Evaluation Advisor in establishing log frames, RM&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of project proposals.
- Create and update Stata codes for data cleaning and analysis for all projects.
- Actively participate in the design, ethical approval, implementation, data analysis, drafting reports, and preparing dissemination materials of research and evaluation projects.
- Conduct dissemination of MR&E findings, both internally and externally, including workshops and review meetings.
- Represent Ipas at local, regional and global professional meetings and conferences
- Collaborate with other Ipas units and country programs to achieve overall organizational objectives
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Report to: Senior Monitoring, Research and Evaluation(MR & E) Advisor
Terms of employment: One year with possibilities for extension
- A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Public Health, Epidemiology statistics or any other relevant discipline.
- 7+ years of experience conducting monitoring, evaluation, and research, preferably in reproductive health programs, working in international non governmental organization is a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills, including demonstrated ability in the collection, management, analysis and presentation of findings.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and statistical computer packages (Epi Info, Stata, SPSS, Power BI). Experience with qualitative packages (Atlas.ti, NVivo) desired.
Skill and Competencies
- Strong management skills, including experience in research project administration, supervision of field staff, and communication among global and national staff and partners.
- Demonstrated skills on teamwork and ability to work independently
- Ability to work within time-limits and under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate high level of honesty, integrity, flexibility, and punctuality
- Able to travel and perform professionally during field works
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in English.
How To Apply:
- Please send CV and application within 15 days from the day of announcement to the following address or hand-deliver to our office:
Micky Leland Street (22 Mazoria) Behind Yeshi Buna
Tel: 011 663 3379/ 011 662 6311 Email:[email protected]
Note: Use ” Research Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor ” as the subject line of your email !
P. O. Box 63001 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Female applicants are highly encouraged
Ipas management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.
Ipas is an Equal Opportunity Employer