Hygiene and Health Expert
- The project is titled “100% ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITY: WASTE RECOVERY AND COMMUNITIES AWARENESS RAISING FOR THE PROTECTION OF KEBENA RIVER IN ADDIS ABABA” funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
The project contributes to the improvement of environmental, living and health conditions of residents in Woredas 02 and 03, Yeka Subcity, Addis Ababa, through awareness raising and the creation of collection and recycling chains for plastic, paper and organic waste.
The main objective is to contribute to the improvement of the environmental, health and living conditions of the residents of Addis Ababa through the promotion of an approach of integrated and sustainable management of urban natural resources, proper management of solid waste and the importance of environmental protection. These objectives will be achieved through 2 main interventions:
E.R.1: Increased awareness and environmental sensitivity from the local communities, children in primary schools and their families
E.R.2: – Structured waste separate collection- separation-recycling chain for plastic, paper and organic waste in the project area.
CIFA works to promote the leading role of children and young people all over the world, so that they can become agents of change: for a sustainable future from an environmental, economic and social point of view.
CIFA Onlus is an Italian based humanitarian Organization established in 1980. The organization is working in developing countries in partnership with local organizations to address the plights of vulnerable societies with special focus on supporting OVC, girls’ education and women empowerment.
CIFA has been working to support vulnerable categories in Ethiopia since 2004. Thanks to several years of experience in supporting children and youth, with a special attention to girls and women, CIFA has improved, project after project, its capacity to facilitate the access to education as well as socio-economic integration for vulnerable targets, such as returnees and potential migrants, gaining experience as implementer of different programs promoted by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation as well as the European Union (EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa), The Freedom Fund (USAID) and other minor donors, in addressing the root causes of irregular migration and for the environmental protection through the creation of value chains from waste.
Start Date: December 2022
Requried Number: 1
Reporting To: Country representative
Duration Contract: 4 months with 60 days probation period
Location: CIFA Head Office in Addis Ababa
In line with CIFA HR Policy and following your assignments under ‘’RAFA Project’’-AID11839:
- Follow up of awareness campaign done on health & solid waste by HEWs and SWMA teams for 10,000 households.
- Organize communication and refresh meetings
- Material distribution (awareness leaflets, sacks and segregation materials, etc)
- Report’s collection from Woreda offices
- Public awareness on health and solid waste management
- Support the Community Mobilization activities
- Report writing
- Any other duty requested by the Country Representative, country administrator and community mobilizer of the organization related to the project implementation or other organizational needs not listed here.
- Qualifications & requirements
- Degree in Public Health or Social Sciences or other related ones
- Previous experience in supervision for two years at least
- Previous experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations for 2/3 years;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to be multi-tasked, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Strong interpersonal and empathic skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Amharic mother tongue
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word required;
- Good knowledge of Geez Word;
- Good Knowledge of Internet, Email, Google Drive & other, Communication Platforms (skype, Google meet, zoom, etc…)
How To Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this link https://forms.gle/o9UpwsHNWyTLA4Zj6 by 15/11/2022. Please attach your CV, a cover letter, and your highest degree certificate in PDF. Applications should include the contact details of three professional references. One reference must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor.