Functional Rehabilitation Officer (Physiotherapist) Re- Advertised
Under the supervision of the project manager, the Functional Rehabilitation Officer is responsible for leading, initiate, insure, coordinate and follow up of all activities related to functional rehabilitation services (capacity building, medical referral, mapping of service provider outside functional rehabilitation scope and distribution of mobility aids/devices) to pre-primary and primary school children with disabilities.
Given the emergency nature of the programme and areas of intervention, the position holder will be expected to work outside the normal work hours. S/he will be based in Addis Ababa, with frequent (80%) travels to field.
- Train Health Outreach Workers on basic identification of disabilities, basic rehabilitation practices and referral.
- Together with health professionals, ensure to provide access to rehabilitation services for persons with disabilities through medical referral, provision of mobility aids/devices.
- Make assessment of impairments with regard to impairments and functional situation.
- Based on the assessment, identify the functional need of the child and specify the type of mobility aids with full specification.
- Fill in purchase request with detailed information considering the local train condition and the specific child need. Train Key health staff on fitting mobility devices including wheelchairs, crutches and other devices to pre-primary and primary school children.
- Ensure good communication with Community Based Organizations (CBOs) local actors working with Person with Disabilities, Organization of Person with Disabilities (OPDs) so that these actors support children with disabilities school enrollments and retentions.
- Conduct assessment for visual, hearing and speech impairments impairment local service providers (private and government owned).
- Facilitate with CBO to have Memorandum of Understanding for the service they will provide to children with visual, hearing and speech impairments impairment.
- Support CBO and give the required support to them, including on-the-job coaching and quality advice.
Quality M&E and Reporting
- Ensure the high quality of activities implemented as indicated in the project proposal document.
- Participate on regular monitoring, midterm and final evaluation of the project in consultation of the PM and project partners and documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices to relevant bodies.
- Develop and implement supportive supervision plan to CBOs and partners (health facilities, Organization of Person with Disabilities, Education bureau/offices, etc).
- Work in close collaboration with the project PM and documentation and communication Officer to monitor the project outcomes and results are as per indicated performance indicators and contribute to the media material production.
- Implement the formalized tools and methods developed within the project framework.
Coordination and Representation
· Ensure good level of communication and leasing with partners, CBOs, OPDs as well as stakeholders operational in the project area, zonal and regional level working on Persons with Disabilities and rehabilitation.
· Up on delegation by the PM, represent HI and attend cluster meeting with NGOs in Somali and Oromia regional states.
· In collaboration with the PM, coordinates meetings to share lesson learned, experience and good practices of the project with partner bureaus and relevant NGOs, CBO and advocating for the rights and wellbeing of persons with disabilities.
This is to list as exhaustive as possible the duties related to this job. Nevertheless, the employee is expected to be flexible according to program’s needs and to accept extra-duties, temporary or permanently, in respect of working hours and workload.
- Job Requirement
Qualification: BSc in physiotherapy degree from recognized University with at least 5 years of functional rehabilitation practice.
· Willingness and ability to work in remote locations
· Work experience with children with disabilities are added value.
· Experience on capacity building of partners in identification of children with disabilities and referring children to service providers.
· Remote support to partner community-based organization on identification and enrollment of children with disability in to education system.
· Support service provider to the community-based organization as per signed MoU with the service providers.
· Resilient to stress
.Fluent in Amaharic and English Languages .
.Afan Oromo speaking skill is advantageous
How To Apply:
- How to Apply: Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form Job application form updated (1).docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter as one document and email itat [email protected] or through ethiojobs on or before the above mentioned deadline.
Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject line of your email otherwise rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities to apply.