Regional ART & TB/HIV advisor – SNNPR Health Bureau, October 17 2022
Organization: SNNPR Health Bureau
Job Title: Regional ART & TB/HIV advisor
Quantity required: 1
Place of Work: Regional health bureau
Salary: Based on the project’s scale
Deadline: October 27 2022
The regional ART & TB/HIV advisor is responsible for providing technical support for the delivery of ART & TB/HIV services, plan and execute improving quality of ART and overall HIV/AIDS care and treatment services in the region.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Act as the regional ART & TB/HIV focal person within the curative and rehabilitative core process supporting site level providers to implement comprehensive HIV care and treatment programs at site level including conducting coaching, act as ART, & TB/HIV resource person and mentor for facility service providers and identify solutions to key implementation issues on the ground.
2. Support the regional bureau in reviewing guidelines, training packages and other technical materials and provide feedback when requested.
3. Support and monitor the implementation of hospital based clinical systems Mentorship, CAM, standard of care assessment, case review meetings and quality improvement practices in ART, TB/HIV services and related HIV programs in the region.
4. Participate in clinical systems mentorship to mentoring Hospitals/HCs together with other regional advisers
6. Coordinate and participate in review meeting, program based joint supportive supervision to zones woredas and facilities
6. Actively participate as a participant or recruit in ART, quality improvement and other related trainings as necessary.
7. Support the revision of all SOPS and other documents related to ART, HTS, TB/HIV, PMTCT and quality to ensure all relevant quality and ART related standards are available for use at site level.
8. Strengthening monitoring and evaluation and information System, facilitation of community linkages, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support system, development or improvement of referral system, etc.
9. Support the development/adaptation/revision of relevant job aids, training materials and other documents related to ART, HTS, TB/HIV, quality improvement and other related programs for site staff as needed.
10. Ensure the implementations of the National and regional Guidelines for comprehensive HTS and pediatric care & support using option B+ for PMTCT
11. Develop or identify and disseminate IEC materials for site staff and local use
12. Address challenges and actively work to identify solutions
13. Monitor site status data to identify clinical needs requiring attention, and provide feedback on quality of reports/forms etc.
14. Organize and coordinate in ART and related regional trainings: Basic ART, PEP, TB/HIV, Palliative care training for hospital staff and Others.
15. Assist in adopting, developing, collection, printing job aids related to ART & TB/HIV
16. Compile, verify, analyze and interpret data of ART, TB/HIV and all HIV related reports
17. Participate in developing a cadre of zonal and hospital level mentors
18. Work with program coordinator, M&E expert and other project teams and RHB experts to ensure reporting requirements
19. Perform additional duties assigned by the supervisor
1. Education: MD +/- MPH with expertise and training on ART & TB/HIV
2. Prior Work Experience:
Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical medicine with a focus on HIV/AIDS care and treatment, or quality improvement practices. Experience managing and working with teams of physicians, nurses and health aids. Experience in mentoring other physicians, nurses, conducting training on ART, Clinical mentorship and quality, improvement of health related activities a plus.
3. Language Proficiency: English and Amharic.
4. Job Knowledge:
Must possess thorough knowledge HIV/AIDS as it pertains to clinical medicine. Must have experience with CSM, ART including for pregnant women, Pediatrics family centered care, and follow-up of HIV exposed infants. Must be willing to improve skills through on-going CME training. Must be well acquainted with structure of host country’s health system.
5. Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate cooperative working relationships.
• Must be tactful and effective in dealings for program/project implementation with partners and various officials of governmental and non -governmental organizations
• Basic computer skills/MS-word, excel, PPT etc.
• Attractive & Negotiable
How to Apply
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram