Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
- Job Title: Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Duty Station: Afar regional office/Semera
Number of Positions: 1
Line Manager: Regional Program Manager
Overall Objectives for the Job
Provide Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) support to Regional Health Bureaus, Regional Laboratories, and health facilities under the President’s Malaria initiatives (PMI) funded Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment (MDT) Activity. Reporting to the regional program manager, the regional MEL advisor is responsible for supporting the improvement of malaria laboratory diagnosis and quality assurance across MDT activity supported health facilities in the respective region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· As a member of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team actively participates in the designing of indicators, developing forms and electronic-based systems in collaboration and cooperation with the team
· Make sure these indicators are incorporated in the health institutions data capturing system;
· Train CU-ICAP-Ethiopia staff on the indicators, data collection system, analysis, and changing to a management function;
· Train RHB health personnel and data clerks in the indicators, data collection, electronic system, analysis, and changing to management function;
· Assist the CU-ICAP-Ethiopia regional staff, RHBs, and health facilities in quality data collection;
· Receive health institutions’ data as per the scheduled reporting period from the regional offices;
· Check the quality of data, analyze the data and prepare reports for the donor and internal use;
· Give feedback to the regional offices, technical advisors, and all CU-ICAP staff on the strong sides, weak points and areas needs improvement or follow-up.
· Follow the implementation of the previous quarter comments;
· Follow and give support for the timely implementation of the planning activities;
· Take part in evaluations, publication of interest areas, and dissemination of the information in consultation with the supervisor
· Assist in the coordination of knowledge management activities in ICAP/CU Ethiopia to document, share and archive data to build institutional memory as well as to inform programmatic direction.
· Identify areas for advocacy and advise the management in designing and implementing advocacy work;
· Represent the organization in M and E issues
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Ø Bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related discipline preferably with an advanced degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or Equivalent combination of education and experience
Ø Two + years of experience in the design, implementation, and management of health monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems.
Ø Strong data management and analysis skills are a must, including experience with a primary collection of clinical data, design of forms and data collection instruments, and data analysis.
Ø Extensive experience with Microsoft Access and Excel and one or more of the following statistical analysis packages (SAS, SPSS, STATA) are required.
Ø Proficiency in written and spoken English, ability to draft letters and reports.
Ø Strong interpersonal skills
Ø Excellent business and interpersonal communication skills with excellent team building and working experience.
Ø Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinate associates, other department directors, and managers, and external bodies.
Ø Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ø Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
· Approximately 80% travel to supported health facilities.
How To Apply:
- Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – October 17, 2022