Dentist and Dental Laboratory Technician
- We have a humble beginning of an Ethiopian man migrating to South Sudan from Ethiopia and moving there with his family saw a need for medical attention to the locals and took it upon himself to establish clinics to offer a helping hand where needed. Our clinic Family Right medical complex With modern clinics in numerous locations across South Sudan, Juba we’re a thriving group practice with a growing patient base and occupy a unique position to offer flexible schedules and working options for the general dentist or specialist.
We are looking to hire for one position that opened up in our clinic a dentist and a dental laboratory technician
1st position Dentist
Dentist job description :
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Applying helpful agents to teeth, such as sealants or whiteners.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Using tools, such as drills, probes, brushes, or mirrors, to examine and treat teeth and mouth.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
Duties and responsibilities of a dentist :
- Educating patients on their oral hygiene and dental care
- Examining patient’s teeth and identifying or diagnosing any potential dental problems
- Performing dental treatments such as fillings and teeth extractions
- Teeth whitening
- Using technical equipment such as X-ray machines to identify potential issues
- Keeping records for each patient
- Referring patients to a dental hygienist or dental therapist
- Working with a practice receptionist and medical nurse
- Overseeing budgets
- Maintaining stocks of equipment.
- Dentist Job Requirements:
- BSc Degree in Dentistry
- Minimum of 3 years and above work experience
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Good management skills.
- Preferably A woman
- Required to wear a skirt or dress under lab coat
- Required to have a passport valid at least for six months and above
- Preferable if spoke a little Arabic just basics would be helpful
- Requires travel outside of the country
2nd position dental Laboratory Technician
Job description of a dental laboratory technician :
As a dental technician you’ll be responsible for helping to improve teeth and for replacing lost teeth. You’ll work to the prescription of a dentist to make bridges, crowns, dentures, braces and other orthodontic devices.
You’re likely to specialise in one of the following areas:
- fixed prosthesis – such as implants, crowns and bridges that can be cemented into place
- orthodontics – devices such as braces to straighten teeth and mouth guards
- removable prosthesis – such as dentures and removable partial dentures
- maxillofacial – reconstruction of faces damaged by disease or an accident. You could work in hospital oral surgeries, burns units and cancer units.
You’ll work with a range of materials such as plastic, porcelain, wax and metals (including gold and stainless steel) and will need skills in areas such as modelling, sculpting, polishing, wire bending, ceramic work and casting.
Dental Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- Restoring or replacing natural teeth by fabricating crowns, fixed and removable bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
- Constructing dental prostheses for implantology and maxillo-facial reconstructions.
- Receiving physical dental impression molds or computerized models from dental practices and studying dentists’ instructions.
- Encasing wax replicas of dental impressions with suitable mold materials.
- Constructing prostheses and devices by replacing wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials.
- Polishing and finishing dental prostheses and devices prior to placement by dentists.
- Making adjustments to dental prostheses and devices before final placement.
- Managing supply inventories, performing routine equipment maintenance and facilitating repairs.
- Documenting processes, as well as adhering to industry regulations and safety standards.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of dental laboratory technologies and techniques
Job requirements for a dental laboratory technician :
- Certified Dental Technician.
- At least 2 years of experience as a dental laboratory technician.
- In-depth knowledge of dental prostheses, devices, and related technologies.
- Extensive experience in constructing,
- replacing, repairing, and restoring dental devices.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and precision.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication and collaboration abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a passport valid at least for 6 months
- Preferably a man
- appreciate background in Arabic language just basics would suffice
- requires Travel out of country
- How To Apply:
- If you’re interested in joining our team of professionals, please contact Mekiya Mustefa [email protected].