Woreda Program Officer – Sidaama Development Association (SDA), October 9 2022
Organization: Sidaama Development Association (SDA)
Position: Woreda Program Officer
Location: Bensa Woreda in Sidaama National Regional State
Deadline: October, 13/2022
Issued date: October 6/2022
Project Name: Improve PHC Service Delivery Project
job Description: (Attached bellow)
job Title: Woreda Program Officer
Supervisor: Sidaama Development Association- Plan, Program, M&E Directorate
Posting Location: Bensa Woreda in Sidaama National Regional State
Experience level:- Senior
Deadline of application: – October, 13/2022
Salary offer: – As per the Project Scale
Sidaama Development Association (SDA) is an indigenous not-for-profit organization established in May 1993. SDA emerged as a local Non-Governmental Organization to contribute to the economic and social progress of Citizens residing in Sidaama Region. The head office is located at Hawassa, the capital city of the Sidaama National Regional State.
Funded by the Bill & Melinda Gets Foundation/BMGF, JSI and AMREF partnership have been awarded a new 5 years project called “Improve Primary Health Care Service Delivery (IPHCSD)” aiming to strengthen the functionality of and bi-directional linkage across Ethiopia’s primary health care delivery platforms-HP to the health center to primary hospital—for improved quality RMNCH-N outcomes. Sidaama Development Association (SDA) has partnered with JSI to implement the IPHCSD project key interventions and activities in testing woredas, Bensa.
Therefore, Sidaama Development Association (SDA) is looking for a qualified Woreda Program Officer to support the implementation of the project interventions and activities for Bensa testing Woreda.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Woreda Program Officer will be responsible to support the implementation of the redefined HEP service packages, quality improvement related initiatives and approaches, performance management and incentive system, and technical oversight and accountability across PHC in the testing woreda. In addition, he/she will conduct capacity building activities including provision of trainings, mentorship and coaching, supportive supervision; follow-up and monitoring, performance review and learning sessions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with the woreda to validate the health post mapping and categorization to restructure the HEP service delivery models based on the national HEP optimization roadmap
• Conduct capacity building training on redefined HEP service packages, implementation of HEP units in all HCs and primary hospitals, community engagement strategies, quality improvement approaches, and accountability
• Work closely with the woreda and advocate to equip the necessary infrastructure, human resource, equipment and supplies to comprehensive health posts
• Engage key stakeholders including woreda administration, women, children, and youth affair, agriculture, education, and other offices in the implementation and monitoring of the project
• Support the implementation of redefined HEP service packages, establishment of HEP units in all HCs and primary hospitals, quality improvement performance management and incentive system
• Provide technical support in the implementation of bi-directional accountability system and redesigned community score card
• Support the woreda to establish and implement network of care among PHC facilities, private facilities, and communities
• Conduct regular follow-up, supportive supervision, mentorship and coaching to woreda health office, primary hospital, HC, HPs, and communities
• Provide technical support in the implementation of support systems among networked PHC facilities, private Facilities,and Communities through supervision, membership and coaching supcuispan and learning sessions –
• Organize regular performance reviews and learning sessions among networked PHC facilities within the woredas
• Support the implementation of community health information system.
• Identify and document best practices and successes
• Regularly produce and submit performance reports
• Work closely with SDA Woreda Office representative as per the direction provided
• Carry out other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• A minimum of Degree In Public Health, Nursing, Midwifery, or other related fields
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in providing technical support specifically on community-based health programs, quality, and transformation agenda of the HSTPs including the health extension program and primary health care to woreda health office, HC, HP, and communities.
• Knowledge and experience in the implementation of HEP, PHC, and quality assurance. modal
• Strong working experiences and relationships with Woreda health office and other local coordination platforms is essential
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building on areas of community health and service quality and supporting health extension program.
• Experience in working with health center, health post and local civil society organizations, NG0s, and RMNCH programs is an advantage
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, partnering and supervisory skills
• Fluency in English and Local language Sidaamu- Afoo language.
• Motor bike deriving license and ability to travel frequently.
• Excellent computer, tablets and reporting skills.
• Training on M&E, BEC and related with HEP, PHC.
How to Apply
All interested applicants are instructed to come up with Original & One Copy of their Application Letter updated CV. Educational Documents and ONLY relevant proof of Experience in person to Sidaama Development Association Office # 2 or Attach all the chose scanned copies with Application letter stating the Position Title at the subject Line through: [email protected].