Student Support Service Officer
- Brief Profile of the College:
Established in 2002, Universal Medical & Business College (UMBC), is one of the pioneers in the Ethiopian Private Higher Education sector. Since its establishment, UMBC has been offering quality education and training in various health fields including Pharmacy, Nursing and Public Health programs both at undergraduate degree and TVET/diploma level. The College lately has launched its 1st Postgraduate program, i.e. Public Health in Nutrition. Currently, having its headquarter around Hayahulet Mazoria, behind Dinberua Hospital, UMBC is on the verge of launching new Postgraduate and Undergraduate Programs in Business and Finance fields of studies along with expanding its existing programs in terms of level and catchment area. In doing so, the College invites qualified and interested applicants in the following vacant position/s who will assist in realizing its goal.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, Coordinates, and monitors students’ services such as guidance and counselling, sports and recreation, and health services.
- Provides counselling services on individual and group basis in all academic, and social affairs.
- Ensures that students’ discipline is in line with the code of conduct of the College.
- Organizes, coordinates, and monitors students’ extra-curricular activities.
- Makes sure that orientation programmes for the new entries is conducted.
- Plays active role in organizing the graduation ceremony in collaboration with the registrar and the graduation committee.
- Establishes and strengthens alumni association and other clubs like, sport, art, excursion, and anti-HIV/AIDS theatre, etc.
- Organizes College day.
- Organizes and coordinates sport activities that bring the community together.
- Submits reports to the Dean.
- Supports with internship activities and placements.
- Performs other additional duties as given
Department: Student Support
Reporting to: Campus Dean
Occupation Category: Semi Managerial & Professional
- Summary of Job Requirements:
A campus librarian collects and stores recorded or published materials and retrieves and provides information as requested.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- BSc/BA in any field with CGPA 3.5 and above from a recognized institution;
- 0 to 2 years of related experience;
Essential Competencies & Qualities
- Familiarity to ETA’s HEMIS
- Oral & Written fluency in English and Amharic languages;
- Knowledge of the theories, principles & practices of management;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and networking skills; proven experience in coordinating & leading team/s;
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal & demonstrational skills;
- Good communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work in pressures and to meet deadlines;
- Faithfulness to work ethics, to the rules and regulations in all aspects
How to Apply
- Please send non-returnable copies of your CV and credentials to the following address [email protected] or submit in person at Universal Medical & Business College_ Hayahulet Mazoria, on the road to British Embassy, behind Dinberua Hospital (MCH), 1st Floor, Room Number #105. For further information, call at +251 911 52 30 53 or +251 911 40 62 74 or +251-922 47 00 00 or +251 116 67 31 54.
Note: Use “Student Support Service Officer” as the subject line of your email !
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further screening and interview.