MHNT -Medical officer (1) Debrebrhan
- Position: MHNT – Medical officer
Reference number: Vac /—/22
Accountable To: Senior Emergency response officer
Work Location: Debrebrhan
Salary: attractive and Competitive to the market
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected].
The medical officer shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of clinical services at the assigned MHNT in Debreberhan. S/He will mainly be responsible for the day-to-day clinical service implementation and provide adult consultation for acute and life-threatening illnesses, safe motherhood, and child health consultations. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance, and capacity building to health workers in the catchment health facilities. He will also be responsible for the day-to-day documentation of children and adults treated.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Improving basic preventive health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis in health especially commonly occurring epidemic diseases under surveillance.
· Acute and life-threatening illnesses treatment as per the standard primary health care protocol
· Safe motherhood and child health consultation
· Provide supervision, technical assistance, and capacity building to health extension workers.
· Support integrated mobile health service modality, daily dispensary, and drug supply management.
· Responsible for day-to-day documentation of the services provided.
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism
· Compile weekly and monthly reports and share with MHTS coordinator/focal person at Woreda health offices and PHCU level
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community, health facilities and the Woreda health office
- Working at temporary Adult OPD and manage all cases Communicable and NCD.
- Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project
- Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bsc degree in public Health or Nursing
- Minimum of two years clinical experience working in health facilities (Health center, hospital, etc) outpatient department managing patients and other health program implementation and training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments
How To Apply: