Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023 | Fully Funded, October 2 2022
Erasmus Mundus scholarship is a fully funded prestigious scholarship offered to international students to pursue their Master or MPhil degree program in three different countries and three different universities in Europe for free. The scholarship is sponsored by the European Union and covers all the academic expenses of successful candidates.
There are different programs offered under this scholarship, and the deadline is different for each course in Erasmus Mundus. Most programs will start applications in October. Students will study each semester in a different university, and students will have to do an internship as training in a different country under this scholarship program.
Erasmus Mundus scholarships funded the highest number of students in the past; approximately 3,013 students were selected from different countries. The scholarship is offered for the master’s program, MPhil and Erasmus Fellowship. The duration of the scholarship is 2 years and no more.
Here is some more info about Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2023, Fully Funded
- Country: Different
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Students from any part of the world can apply
Eligibility Criteria :
Who is eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Category A scholarship if
- You are a national coming from a third country.
- You are not a resident of any of the 27 EU Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
- You have not carried out your main activity (studies, work, private visits, tourism, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the 27 European Union Member States, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein.
- You have not applied to more than 3 Erasmus Mundus Masters.
Category B scholarship if
- You are a European student
- You are a non-European student but you do not fulfil category A requirements
Erasmus Mundus scholarship coverage:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is a fully-funded program for all students.
- Under the scholarship tuition fee is free, and the student does not need to pay for it.
- The travelling allowance will be provided.
- The scholarship will not cover the visa-related expense, and students will have to arrange it.
- Travel allowance for travelling to different countries.
- A monthly stipend will be provided, 1100-1200 euros a month.
Here is step by step process of how to apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- No need to contact any professor; choose the program, go through the details thoroughly, and apply. No work experience is required, neither there is any restriction of age. Students interested in the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship should check the program catalog to know if the list is updated.
- If you have a relatively low CGPA, add other things such as training, research papers, or even the job experience to your profile.
- The students can apply for three (3) different programs. For more information regarding applications, visit the official website’
- Degree and Transcripts should be available.
- A letter of recommendation is also a requirement, but the format is different for different programs, so check the program requirement.
- A motivation letter is a must; again, the format may vary (check the relevant program requirement).
- IELTS/TOEFL is also a requirement. 6.5 bands overall are okay and acceptable for most of the scholarships but as the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is competitive, so try to get 7.0. (If you want to prepare for IELTS, do check our course for basic IELTS prep).
- Prepare a CV (in European format).
- Students should prepare their passports beforehand, as the application’s opening and the deadline vary according to the programs. Lastly, proof of residence is also essential, which proves that the applicant is a permanent resident of the country he/she is applying from and haven’t been residing in Europe for at least 1 or more years.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q) Which master’s degrees are available?
A list is shared for the courses that will start in the next year, the catalogue of the courses is updated every October (check the catalog by the link provided above in this article.
2. Q) How can I apply for EMJMD?
Visit the catalogue using the link provided above; click on the link to the website of EMJMD you are interested for. Check all the requirements and go through the details for scholarship application, as every program has different conditions and procedures. If the information provided is not satisfactory or requires more info about the program and scholarship, contact the coordinator. Their contact info is provided on the same website. Then you can apply to the EMJMD directly.
3. Q) If I hold a Master’s degree already, can I apply for EMJMD?
As every program has different conditions for application, visit the website of the respective program EMJMD or contact their coordinator for more details.
4. Q) Visa procedure for EMJMD?
The coordinator will guide and support when the successful students will apply for a visa. However, the students are responsible for getting their visa before your program course starts (also for completing visa request). It will be better to apply for a visa sooner, as obtaining a visa is time-consuming.
5. Q) How will the students know if they have been selected for EMJMD scholarship?
Coordinators will inform the applicants if they have been selected, rejected, or even if they are on the reserve list. But each course coordinator might inform the students at different times.
6. Q) When will the students know about the final selection/result of scholarship applications?
The course the students applied for is responsible for selecting applicants, and they will inform the result of the applicants. So contact your course coordinator for application status and more info about results.
7. Q) Is it possible to study part-time in EMJMD?
No, EMJMD requires the full participation of students.
Here is the application process for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- Visit the website by tapping on the option of ‘Apply Now’ at the end of the article. Go through each program link to check the requirements.
- The discipline or the majors might sound strange by name, but don’t worry. Open the programs to know about what the program offers actually. For example, the name for Electrical Engineering might not be the same.
- After going through the details and all information, students can choose three programs relevant to their profiles.
- Prepare the program’s requirements such as personal statement, motivation letter, statement of purpose, and other documents. The scholarship is competitive and has high criteria, but do not lose hope and apply for it.
- Check all the programs catalogue offered by Erasmus using this Link
For more scholarship alerts join us on Telegram