The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Under the direct supervision of the Cash transfer program officer, the cash transfer assistant is responsible for identifying priority needs, target communities, establishing relationships with community local government and leaders, mobilize the communities, ensure the delivery of materials/inputs, conduct registration of complaints, ensure proper distribution and documentation of NFI, facilitate cash payments to clients and follow up.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct joint targeting, selection, and registration of clients and independent or joint verification to ensure impartiality.
- Ensuring that cash/voucher assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner.
- Make sure the distribution of NFI, Cash, and voucher assistants done as per the IRC, ES-NFI cluster and NDRMC distribution guidelines.
- Establish and maintain transparent and functional relationships with target communities and local government at woreda levels.
- Working closely with the ERR WASH team and deliver emergency messaged/awareness to different segments of the community with support from woreda disaster risk and management and health office
- Actively participate in Rapid Assessments, market assessments, MEB, capacity assessment of Financial Service Providers (FSP), and other digital cash transfer.
- Ensure that the program resources are implemented in a transparent and accountable manner and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations.
- In collaboration with MEAL team conduct post-distribution monitoring (PDM) for both cash and in kind to ensure the program quality and collect lesson learnings.
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including client feedback handling mechanism; ensure consistent reporting, documentation, and analysis of results to improve program efficiency and quality.
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project.
- Collect, register, and report client’s feedback and complaints in weekly basis to for client responsive team and supervisor also give response based on the level of the feedback.
- Ensure client responsive mechanisms are in place at all project implementation areas in collaboration with client’s responsive team
- Works closely with Woreda partners towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
Education: BSc Degree/Diploma in Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Public Health, Environmental Health, social science, and related relevant field.
Work Experience: Minimum experience of 0-year for BSc holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders. NGO experience is plus.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant experience on NFI, CVA, community mobilization, hygiene promotion with I/NGO in local community settings.
- Previous experience of implementing participatory and organizing community mobilizations on the communities will be advantageous.
- Previous experience of implementing Emergency activities, like NFI distribution, cash transfer will be an asset.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain attention to details.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command spoken and written in English, Amharic, and Afaan Oromo
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo is essential.
- Familiarity with the local context of the project implementation areas is an advantage
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.