Sub-Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Vacancy Number: VA_008_FY23
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center – Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following vacant post for its Trachoma Elimination Projects:
Summary Job Description:
- Actively participates in the development of the annual plan of action (PoA),
- Facilitate Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to prepare /develop their respective Zonal project agreement, strategic plan, with active participation in the process & sub regional finalization.
- Actively participate in annual budget exercise workshop, for development of activity-based budget plan.
- Works closely with Sub Regional Project Manager in prioritizing, scheduling, and following the accomplishment of activities before deadlines.
- Facilitate Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to prepare & submit monthly as well as weekly work plans and give planning feedback.
- Works very closely with Sub Regional Project Manager and Zone Project Coordinators (ZPCs) to ensure project activities are implemented as per the PoA and project agreements.
- Undertakes supportive supervision and monitors and evaluates implementation of all projects in his/her respective sub-region.
- In close consultation with Sub Regional Manager, keeps proper documentation of project implementation.
- Presents key performance indicators at monthly monitoring meeting.
- Update sub regional display charts, & cascade to Zone Project offices .
- Works closely with Sub Regional Project Manager, to facilitate quarterly/biannual, and annual program performance reviews, and produce meeting minutes, track the progress of set action points.
- Engage in preparing presentations for quarterly subregional RMs, for post MDA Sub regional RMs, & any other requested .
- Actively participate in sub regional management meeting & take part in decision making process.
- Actively participate during zone project coordinators’ mid-year & annual performance evaluation, through easing the evaluation with regular coordinator-based accomplishments record keeping & supporting with accurate & timely information for evidence.
- Works closely with M&E Officer and sub-regional Project Managers to develop database at the respective sub-regional and zonal offices.
- Actively participate in preparation of M & E tools, manuals, and promote their effective application in tracking project progress.
- Maintains/updates data base from which he/she generates monthly and annual reports for Trachoma.
- Receive all Monthly, Quarterly BoFED, Quarterly STP, MDA & Annual TCP reports from Zone Project Offices, review the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data reported, and provide feedback that helps quality improvement.
- Aggregate, analyze and generate descriptive sub regional excel summary for all (Monthly, Quarterly BoFED, Quarterly STP, Annual, MDA) reports, and produce (Monthly, Annual, MDA) narrative report, & finally submit to the Sub Regional Project Manager to his comment and submission.
- Produce comprehensive TCP performance feedback to all coordinators on monthly & quarterly bases.
- Coordinates baseline surveys and impact assessments for program monitoring.
- Actively participate on the implementation of regional mass Antibiotic (Zithromax & TEO) treatment campaigns.
- Fully engaged in all M&E activities: coordinating M&E implementation, & cascading M&E related updates: dropbox, OneDrive, file tree, ODK collect, and trainings on survey management tools.
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
Required Number: 1 (One)
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension.
- Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum BSc degree in Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Informatics and/or Public health from a recognized university.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience preferably in Monitoring & Evaluation of health programs.
- Reasonably good experience in health projects M & E
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural areas during field work
- Good computer skills, especially in data management
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
How To Apply:
- Deadline for all applications: Fifteen (15) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV, application letter (Please indicate duty station & position applied for in the subject line) including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
Drop your application in person at
TCC-E Dessie Sub-Regional Office
Office Tel : 033-1-12-49-56
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.