PHARMACY STOREKEEPER (Local Status)
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Duration: Until December 31/2022 with possible extension
Main Purpose Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Medical Warehouse (for OCA) or Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team. Accountabilities • Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
• Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
• Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
• Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
• Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
• Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
• Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
• Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
• e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and eEnsuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
• Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
• Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
• Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
• Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities The storekeeper will be based in Dubti hospital were MSF runs an ITFC ward in collaboration with the MoH team. He will have the following responsibilities, among others:
– Supply the end user units of the hospital on a daily basis
– Ensure reception of items from Afar central pharmacy
– Refill the end user units cupboards with buffer stock and consummables on a daily basis
– Manage the ITFC pharmacy according to good pharmacy practices
– Perform regular inventories of the ITFC pharmacy
– Ensure temperature recording in the pharmacy and in the wards cold chain
– Ensure the follow up of cleaning schedule in the ITFC pharmacy
– Report any shortage or rupture to the supervisor
– Fill the stock monitoring tool
– Support the central pharmacy storekeeper if needed
– Other tasks related to pharmacy, depending on the project evolution
· Essential, secondary school. Desirable, medical related studies.
· Essential renewed Professional License
Experience · Essential previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions.
· Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
How To Apply:
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: email@example.com OR YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT AFAR, SEMERA INFRONT OF ARDI ETHIOPIA HOTEL (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 26/09/2022
Closing date: 05/10/2022
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.