Senior CMAM Nurse
Reference No: REC/172/22 Job title: Senior CMAM Nurse Location: Assosa-Benishangul Reports to: Regional Programme Manager Number of Posts 3 (Three) Closing date: October 8, 2022
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position
The Senior CMAM Nurse will be responsible to ensure that all components of the CMAM programme including SC, OTP, TSFP, BSFP, IYCF, C-MAMI, Community outreach, dietary diversification are functioning in line with standards, providing quality of care to all the beneficiaries, respecting protocols and principles of good practice.
Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
· Coordinate and supervise the overall CMAM activities undertaken in the different programmes SC, OTP/TSFP/BSFP, IYCF/ C-MAMI, Community outreach and dietary diversification programmes.
· Undertake clinical and physical examination of all children referred to the nutrition programmes including the SC, the to the Outpatient Therapeutic programme (OTP) and Targeted supplementary program (TSFP ) on day-to-day basis.
· Apply the RRS/ UNHCR protocols through all stages of Nutrition programmes, in the distribution of routine or supplemental drugs and RUTF/RUSF to TSFP and OTP
· Apply Medical protocols in line with the Federal Minster of Health Guideline of treatment of SAM and the Harmonization Guidelines strategy
· Coordinate the planning and organization of Nutrition programmes SC, OTP, TSFP, BSFP IYCF/C-MAMI and dietary diversification at designated nutrition sites:
· Ensure the collection of all relevant background information on the area has been amassed prior to project implementation.
· Complete order forms for logistics for both materials and estimated medicine & food requirements for each site in advance, plus confirm transport schedule.
· Conduct screening in targeted areas to collect total beneficiary figures and confirm/amend log’s requests as necessary.
· Schedule the distribution plan with RRS and refugee community leaders.
· Supervise the community outreach officers activities and support as follows:
· Work with the Community Outreach officers and Community outreach agents (COA) Nutrition Workers (CNW) and Outreach team to ensure engagement of refugee leaders, key figures, and groups in facilitating the treatment of Management of moderate and severe acute malnutrition and provision of food for BSFP beneficiaries.
· Work with Community Outreach officers and Community outreach agents (COA) Community Nutrition Workers CNWs) to improve their ability to recognize cause and signs of malnutrition, provide appropriate education to beneficiaries to help prevent malnutrition and refer individuals as appropriate.
· Organize and conduct training for Community Outreach officers and Community outreach agents (COA) Community Nutrition Workers (CNWs) on all aspects as CMAM appropriate to each area and groups on how to disseminate key nutrition messages within their communities and propagate messaging through other community channels
· Ensure appropriate referrals take place to and from other distribution sites within the refugee camp.
· Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria understand by the care takers why their child is not admitted.
· Ensure adequate availability of all food supplies for each distribution, input into creation and maintenance of a weekly distribution plan and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned with Field program manager and logistics officer
- · Through liaison with the community outreach/nutrition workers, provide effective follow up of all cases – particularly, absentees, defaulters, and non-responders
· Regularly update the line manager/ regional programme manager and refugee programme manager on the project.
· Respect the dignity of the beneficiaries, carers, and members of the community
· Document and file all relevant information of the targeted group related to the targeted programme according to donor requirement and keep those documents in a very accessible place (Soft and hard copy)
· Re-define team composition as necessary – either during distributions (to avoid bottlenecks) or after discussion during team meetings.
· Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge, and transfer to and from the various components of the programme
· Ensure on-going MUAC screening/ anthropometrics is conducted according to the agreed protocols
· Monitor all feeding rations and ensure they are distributed fairly and equally between targeted groups.
· Review the forms completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy, and coherence
· Supervise the activities of the team under supervision and ensure all team members are familiar with their posts.
· Undertake individual ‘s performance appraisal in line with GE HR guideline and communicate with the Program Manager.
· Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports for each site to immediate supervisor.
· Report any progress and any problems in a timely manner to the immediate supervisor.
· Gender sensitive.
· Perform any other duties/Tasks as required by the line manager.
· The employee must read, understand, and implement, according to area of responsibility, GOAL’s policies, and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS, and Child Protection.
· Work on increasing the sensitivity and awareness of community towards Gender, HIV/AIDS, and Child Protection issues.
Compliance IssuesFamiliarize self and understand to GOAL Donor Compliance issues, specifically to the terms and conditions of the Donor the programme is working on and comply with same in area of responsibility.
- JOIN US
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
· Diploma/B.Sc or equivalent in Nursing, Nutrition or related fields.
· Minimum 4 (Four) years practical field experience of emergency nutrition work (preferably CMAM/ CTC) and/or food distributions and implementation of feeding programmes, including monitoring and evaluation.
· Proven capacity of management, leadership, and teamwork
· Strong organizational skills and experience with project planning, timetabling, logistics and monitoring budgets is key
· Experience in training staff and key community members, plus mentoring and building the capacity of local staff
· Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathise with all beneficiaries and their carers
· Outgoing personality
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
· Demonstrable ability at report writing and budget management
· Ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
· Commitment to and understanding of GOALs aims, values and principles
· Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
· Computer literate
· Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Desirable key qualities, Skills, and Competences:
· Familiarity to local culture and speak local language.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· GOAL will pay a competitive basic salary based on the salary grading with addition benefits.
· A chance to develop tangible experience.
· Being part of a team who continue to make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable people.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safeguarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
GOAL Ethiopia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of people who involves in its work and demands all staff exhibit the highest commitment. GOAL Ethiopia will verify skills and commitment of the candidate in the assessment process and perform Background reference check.
How To Apply:
- APPLICATION PROCEEDURE:
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & duty station need to be written in the application letter
Applicants can directly apply online using www.ethioiobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.