- The medical lead will assist in the implementation, management and supervision of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) MMNU, providing oversite to the MMNU delivering life-saving essential primary health care to conflict affected populations in the Amhara region. The workload is intensive and requires a team of dedicated health professionals to meet the ever- increasing demand for specialized medical care in the affected region. Therefore, the Medical Lead will support the MMNU Unit as well as provide support to recovering local MMNU. At times the Medical Lead may be called upon to fulfill duties not directly involved with this job description.
- Key Responsibilities
· MAIN REASON FOR THE POSITION – Provide oversite to MMNU in the assigned region, ensuring that quality care is being provided to patients/beneficiaries according to up to date medical knowledge and the Ethiopian Government protocols, values and universal infection control standards to improve the patients /beneficiaries’ health status.
· BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
· Assist Health and Nutrition Project Manager with the implementation, management and supervision of SP’s health project in Amhara region, in line with SP’s Health and Nutrition strategy and project plan, and according to humanitarian, national and international standards.
· Conduct rapid assessments with the security team to determine health needs in various new locations for potential response
· Conduct biweekly field trips to MMNU locations to oversee daily activities and ensure all activities are carried out as per clinic guidelines and meeting SP’s standards.
· Assist Health and Nutrition Project Manager with the monitoring and evaluation of the health program through clinic supervision, data collection and collecting beneficiary feedback to ensure the quality of program is maintained.
· Supervise the clinical and registration data collection in the MMNU, ensuring data is entered correctly into the database.
- · Collate and disseminate weekly and monthly reports to meet the reporting requirements and deadlines set by SP, Regional Health Bureau (RHB), Department of Health, WHO/UN agencies and Donors.
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to ensure consultations, prescribing and treatment are given in the MMNU in line with SP and government protocols.
· Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive.
· Support clinical leadership to enforce compliance with standard infection prevention and control guidelines.
· Participate in the accurate clinical documentation and collection of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the M&E Manager and Health and Nutrition Program Manager as appropriate.
· Support the Health and Nutrition Program Manager in monitoring the proper functioning of the MMNUs, equipment, supplies, and pharmaceuticals.
· Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times within the MMNU
· Support clinical leadership to provide training and mentoring to clinical staff at each MMNU weekly, disseminating of updated medical practices and protocols.
· Represent SP at Woreda level in nutrition and health technical meetings.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for ministry, donors and voluntaries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
2. Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
3. Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
4. Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
5. Must be a humble team player
6. Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
7. Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
8. Must have analytical and report writing skills.
9. High level of integrity and stewardship
10. Committed to the SP values and ethics
11. Proficient in making clinical decisions in the care of the patient population serving.
Education / Experience Needed
§ Degree in medicine as a medical doctor
§ Current Medical License
§ Has experience of at least two years of post-qualification work experience in relevant field
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants can send only updated CV and application letter to [email protected] no later than October 2, 2022. Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ‘Medical Lead”
This Position is for 3 month Contract with possible of Extension.