Project officer for Youth for Health Project
- Job Description
Youth Network for Sustainable Development (YNSD) in partnership with MSI Reproductive Choice and with the financial support of European Commission and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation is planning to implement a new project named “Youth for Health”. YNSD plans to implement the new project in selected woredas of Sidama and SNNP regions. Youth for Health (Y4H) is a three-year initiative that will work to expand access to life-changing adolescent sexual and reproductive healthcare and rights (ASRHR), with a focus on reaching the poorest and most marginalized adolescent girls, including those with disabilities, in rural and hard-to-reach areas. By unlocking demand and access, and contributing towards changes in favour of supportive policies and funding environments, Youth for Health will increase and sustain access to ASRHR for girls and young women.
YNSD is seeking a project officer to support implementation of “Youth for Health” at the project, implementation site (Sidama region Hawassa Zuriya and Della, SNNPR region wolayita zone). The program officer is responsible for working with the program staffs to successfully implement the organization’s and the project’s objectives. She/he will be responsible for project planning, organizing, executing and reporting to project coordinator. The project officer is expected to implement programmatic and administrative works at the implementation site. The candidate will coordinate the project; liaise with other stakeholders to facilitate implementation, coordinate trainings, workshops & meetings, and assist in developing key program documents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and coordinate with each project and operations team on expected deliverables and support activities implementation;
- Facilitate day-to-day operations of the project at local level and communicating with project coordinator and other project officers at head office and other local implementation sites;
- Working closely with the relevant stakeholders in the implementation of “Youth for health” Project;
- Supporting the Youth for Health project management in planning and work plan development;
- Facilitate technical works, including organizing workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Participating and supporting monitoring & evaluation activities; and
- Reporting to the project coordinator
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, and document action items/ for next steps;
- Liaise with procurement department to facilitate procurement of program-related items;
- General administrative tasks, including filing, maintaining documents, updating presentations, and setting appointments;
- Perform other duties as assigned by program coordinator.
Career Level:Mid-Level (2+ – 2 years’ experience)
- Qualifications & Experience
- BA degree in social sciences, public health and other relevant disciplines with at least two year work experience as a project officer and/or other related positions
- Diploma or level VI graduate in relevant field of study and three years’ work experience as a social worker and/or other related positions
- Enthusiastic in working collaboratively with team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in local (sidamegna for Sidama region and Wolayitegna for SNNPR region), Amharic and English language.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project cycle management;
- Able to manage and organize responsibilities by establishing priorities.
- Ability to handle assignments under time constraints and meet deadline.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Willingness to work in remote areas.
Technical and other skills
- Ability to facilitate and encourage collaborative teamwork, experience sharing, effective problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Ability to identify and propose solutions and innovative strategies;
- Proficiency in computer (Word processing, Excel; Power Point, email usage other social Medias ;
- Excellent in written and verbal communication in local (sidamegna for Sidama region and Wolayitegna for SNNPR region), Amharic and English language
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, and participatory approach and sustainable development.
- Respectful, accountable, courageous, excellence, building partnership, building commitment, contributing to team success, innovative, pro-active problem solving, and analytical.
Attitude and Values:
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role;
- Analytical, resourceful, organized, patient but persistent, detail- and solution-oriented.
How To Apply:
- Interested are required to send current CV through the following email address: [email protected] by referring the position title in the subject line of your email. Closing date sept 22, 2022