NURSE (Local Status)
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Duration: Until December 31,2022 with possible extension
Main Purpose Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population Accountabilities • Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
• Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
• Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
• Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
• Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
• Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
• Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participation in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
• Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
• Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures
· Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
· Essential renewed professional license.
· Desirable bachelor’s degree in science of Nursing
Experience · Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
· Previous experience in Nutrition and emergency department is desirable
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
Languages · English and Amharic required; Afar Language desirable
How To Apply:
All applicants should send a CV, a cover letter, educational records, work certificates and a copy of national ID.
Application can be submitted/sent: by email: [email protected] OR YOU CAN BRING HARD COPY TO OUR OFFICE LOCATED AT AFAR, SEMERA INFRONT OF ARDI ETHIOPIA HOTEL (please indicate on the subject box: the vacancy title and your name)
Posting date: 20/09/2022
Closing date: 30/09/2022
MSF Belgium promotes the EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.