Research Consultant/Associate Researcher – Addis Continental Institute of Public Health (ACIPH), September 19 2022
Research Consultant/Associate Researcher
Organization: Addis Continental Institute of Public Health (ACIPH)
Position: Research Consultant/Associate Researcher
Employment: Full Time
Salary: As per Organization Salary Scale
Location: Addis Ababa
- Addis Continental Institute of Public Health (ACIPH) is looking for competent and qualified candidates for the following position. Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements are hereby invited to apply immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in theoretical and practical training-of-trainers
- Assist in the adaptation of training, and communication manual to the local language.
- Provide lactation training to mid-level breastfeeding counselors.
- Effectively interact with the mothers, and families on breastfeeding practices
- Guide the field research team on breastfeeding promotion
- Prepare an individual plan for mothers with infants with growth concerns and faltering on breastfeeding and complementary feeding
- Participate in the field research and monitoring infant outcomes.
Duration: 18 months
- Educational Background:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in health sciences
- At least 10 years of work/research experience with demonstrable experience in supporting and counseling mothers on lactation/breastfeeding.
- Clinical and theoretical knowledge of lactation/breastfeeding
- Extensive clinical/field experience, including support of breastfeeding for preterm and small gestational age infants
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience in supervision of junior-level staff
- Demonstrable experience in research
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants can send application letters, curriculum vitae, and copies of supporting documents via email: [email protected] or can submit them in person at ACIPH Head Office.
Female applicants are highly encouraged for this position