Resource Mobilization Technical Advisor to Amhara Regional Health Bureau
- Vacancy Number: VA_004_FY23
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide.
The Resource Mobilization Technical Advisor (TA) to Amhara Regional Health Bureau will support the Regional Health Bureau by assisting in mapping and mobilizing resources. He/she will closely work with a range of partners and experts to build the capacity of the resource mobilization team and coordinate activities related to the proactive mobilization of resources through grants, external advocacy, and internal efforts across the programmatic directorates of the RHB. He/she will also advise the RHB head and carry out different activities as tasked by the Regional Health Bureau head. The TA will conduct capacity-building activities and provide supportive supervision to the respective health structures/hierarchies. The position requires travel to program sites for the purpose of conducting planning, meetings, supportive supervision, quality assurance, and training.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and participate in the preparation of the health sector budget plan.
• Map resources for different directorates as appropriate and develop a fundraising strategy
• Ensure efficient resources management and utilization systems are in placed at the regional, zonal and woreda levels and follow timely budget utilization.
• Develop and/or enhance resource mobilization tools as needed.
• In close consultation with the Resources Mobilization Directorate, enlist potential partners of the bureau along with their respective budgets.
• Conduct a comprehensive analysis of potential national and regional partners based on thematic interest and assess the feasibility of securing resources.
• Develop master fundraising proposal (s) aligned with the bureau’s strategic objectives.
• Assist the bureau on proposal writing processes for funding, which includes writing project and budget plan proposals and coordinating with different directorates as needed.
• Develop concept note and proposal to secure medical supplies and equipment to equip health facilities with basic medical equipment and supplies.
• Coordinate and facilitate capacity building trainings on resource mobilization as well as effective, efficient, and timely utilizations.
• Interact with partners and donors regionally and nationally, fundraising experts and consultants and others as required.
• Follow and participate on regular partners (GO-NGO) forum and follow action points.
• Provide regular progress updates and comprehensive reports of financial utilization to the Regional Health Bureau Head as appropriate.
• Assist the health system to generate domestic resources through healthcare financing scheme and increase government funding for NTDs.
• Advice the RHB head on different decision-making activities by availing the required data/information.
• Work with different directorates of Regional Health Bureaus in the interest of resource mobilization.
• Undertake all other relevant activities when assigned by the Regional Health Bureau Head and/or resource mobilization directorate.
Required Number: One
Terms of Employment: Six months contract with the possibility of extension upon satisfactory performance appraisal by the RHB.
- Qualification and Experience:
- MD plus MPH
- Master’s Degree and above in health economics, public health, project management, public policy, development studies with a health background.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience with at least two years in a senior role on fundraising and proposal development in demanding results-oriented environments in NGOs and the public sector and/or private sector.
- Excellent business-oriented presentation, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of the synergy between the programmatic, operational, and financial components of public health initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence across multiple teams and programs.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
• Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion of given tasks.
• Demonstrated skills in proposal and report writing.
• Demonstrable experience in navigating political and strategic discussions objectively and diplomatically.
• Relevant experience in planning of programs, management of projects and financial utilizations.
• Experience in coordination, decision making, commitment to achieve results, partnership management and networking, especially with government and development partners.
• Familiarity with global and national health system policies and sectoral reform updates.
• Ability to promote teamwork between RHB and other partners.
• Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with Microsoft Office application packages.
• Ability to translate autonomously large and complex data sets and into reports, charts and tables to inform decision-makers, and to communicate results to general and technical audiences.
• Ability to solve problems, influence colleagues and decision-makers towards developing solutions.
• Ability to be multitasked and work under high pressure situations.
• Ability to work independently on complex situations and solve challenges with little structural or operational support.
• Able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships/partnership.
How To Apply:
- Deadline for all applications: fifteen (15) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV & application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents to the address given below.
(Please indicate the vacancy number & position applied for in the subject line)
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.